Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Keep it simple...

Another quick posting - I'm back, but my friend has come back with me so obviously she doesn't want to spend hours waiting for me to finish blogging. This is a card that she asked me to make for her friends mum who is 90 on the 10th May. She is partially blind so I thought the lavender bag on the front of the card would be a nice touch.

It was a very, very simple card to do. The paper is a design by K&Co and already has the lilac, dragon fly and green border on it. To attach the lavender bag I just made to eyelet holes in the front of the card and thread the drawstrings through and tied on the inside of the card. That way she will be able to undo and perhaps put the bag in her drawer or wardrobe later. Peel offs for the sentiment and 'jobs a good un'.

My card is also for the challenge at the ABC challenge where they are on the letter K - Keep it simple!

8 comments:

Max said...

Fabulous scented card Anne.
Hope your friend isn't going to be TOO greedy and is willing to share you with us, 'cos we've missed ya' loads.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Chrissie said...

What a clever card Ann!
I love the use of the bag of lavender and that K & Co paper is one of my favourites, I'm sure your friend's Mum will love it, I know I do!

Beryl said...

It may be a simple card to do but it's the imagination that puts it together that counts. I could make loads of great cards if someone told me just where to put everything and what to use. I'm sure this elderly lady will love this card.
Beryl xx

Helen said...

What a thoughtful card! Love the idea of the lavender on the front!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

dragonflyjoy said...

Lovely card Ann and what a lovely thought to add a lavender bag. Makes such a difference with just that extra touch which I am sure your friend's mother will appreciate.

Love
Joyce xx

Irene said...

Hello Ann

What a great idea. Your card is goargeous.

luv
irene

Kris Dickinson said...

Such a lovely card!

Anonymous said...

oh Ann this is a stunning card!!!!! The lavender bag is just beautiful... Love this card!!!
Hugs, Christina

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.