So with that in mind I am celebrating in style by offering 2 (yes two!) Penny Black stamp sets up as blog candy. . .1. Penny Black 'T for Transparent' set 'Salutations' - a gorgeous birthday and anytime set
2. Penny Black 'T for Transparent' set 'Giving and Receiving' - a really useful Christmas set.
and there will be a third surprise package (which may be something iffy or maybe something nice!!!). Only time will tell cause I'm not!!
So if you would like to be included in the draw here's what I would like you to do. Sorry, but it's not quite as simple as entering a comment and becoming a follower!
My 'Happy Summertime' card is one I have made to send to one of the children on Post Pals. So many little ones and teenagers too that are very ill and need a card or little gift to bring a smile. As crafters and card makers we are the ideal people to do just that.
I would like entrants for this blog candy to make and send a card to one of those children - don't forget to fill in the stats page on the site so that the organisers can see what each child has received. I use this page to help me to decide who to send to - I can't bear the thought of one child not receiving anything.
Please leave a comment here with a link to your card and I'll come and have a look. On the 1st of July 3 winners will be picked and announced on my blog. Feel free to tell your friends - the more that enter this the more smiles there will be.
I will post anywhere and I know there are similar organisation in many other countries so feel free to use those and do let me know in your comment.
Naturally you can combine your card with any of the challenges out there - in fact my card is for these challenges:
- ABC Challenge - Summer
- forum based challenge to use an 'apples' digi download - available at my friend's digi shop Crafty Ann's
Have fun and spread those smiles.
Stop Press News...
I've just discovered that Simon Says Stamp have made Post Pals their challenge this week so if you do make a card don't miss out on the challenge over there too.
Also Daring Cardmakers are doing a challenge entitled 'Make a Child Smile'
More and more support for Post Pals - how wonderful?
24 comments:
Great card and a wonderful idea for your blog candy. I sent some spare challenge cards to another blogger who was asking for cards for this organisation. It's a great idea
Beryl x
Oh that's such a fun card - and I'm not really into Messy Rabbit. Makes me think again about him.
Love it.
Beryl xx
Such a lovely idea Ann, I hope you have so many entries your random number generator thingy goes into melt down or your hat can't hold all the names!
A beautiful card too - you're right about the apples going with this image perfectly too. Mixing and matching is crafting at it's best
Ann x
Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x
PS - what a fab idea for a blog candy! I'll be sure to make a Post Pals card and stop by to let you know.
Fantastic card Ann, and what a fabulous idea.
luv
irene
xxxx
Grat card, very fun, and what great work you do.
A great idea! Thank you for suggesting it! Lisa Here is my entry.
What a wonderful idea for your blog candy Ann as Post Pals is such a fabulous concept, helping to bring smiles to these poor children's faces.
Will get back to you as soon as I'm done :)
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Beautiful card. Thanks for joining SSS challenge :)
Hi Ann :-) I have made 2 cards for this :-) My DT card on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog and my DT card for the Funky Fairy's Challenge too :-)
Do I have to link them ? I think you saw the SSS Challenge one already :-)
This is such a good idea of yours,,, well done x x
Lorraine
Oops forgot to say ,, Fabby card :-) Love the image and the papers you used are gorgeous !! :-)
Thanks for joining the Simon says Stamp Challenge and hope we get loads of entries this week :-) It's for such a great cause !
Lorraine and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge DT x x
This is so great of you to do. I am more than willing to promote a worthy cause, so I will get you a prime spot on my blog to advertise your candy for a cause!! Here's mine
And adorable creations, I must say.
Stephanie
How could I not make time to join in with this wonderful challenge?
Thanks for spurring me into action at last.
Here's mine!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Hi Ann, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, I really appreciate it, its lovely to get some feedback on your work. I have made a note of your challenge and hopefully will get a card entered over the weekend, what a worthwhile cause it is too.
Hugs Wendy x x x
Hi Ann, I think its a great idea and have poted about it on my blog will come back as soon as i have made a card :)
Hugzz Val xxx
Hi Ann,
I am back with a card which i will post to post pals on Monday, i have visited Post Pals and i too needed lots of tissues i think its a wonderful cause and hope this will be the first of many i send to them.
Here is my entry.
Hugzz Val xxx
Ann, firstly I would like to say happy birthday to you in case I forget nearer the time!!!! All my cards I make are sold to raise funds for different charities and recently I had a stall for a week/did some commissioned cards and this money was to raise funds for Post Pals. I chose a little boy who lives nearby and I also included his brother in a card as well. Will post the cards off on Monday to them both. Thanks for offering this blog candy and also with it having an extra twist of needing to send a card off to Post Pals. I'd certainly like to be in with a chance of winning and putting the stamps to good use for my charity work.
Here is my card for this challenge
Best wishes
Kym xxx
Fab ideas for a candy - have just managed to get a card done!
Helen x
Here' my card
It’s so kind of you Ann, to offer such fabby blog candy for such a worthy cause and I really hope it encourages more people to send cards to Post Pals on a regular basis.
Your card is so bright and cheery, I’m sure that one of the kiddies will be over the moon to receive it.
Thanks for joining the DCM’s this week and sending a smile to someone who needs it.
Sue
x
Hi Ann! Thanks for jumping over to my blog to comment on my two space cards for Post Pals and for telling me about your blog candy. Here's a link again to my cards
Hi Ann, first of all, I love your cute Messy rabbit card, so cute!!!!! Also, thanks for commenting on my card made for DCM's Post Pals challenge and for telling me about your blog candy. I don't know if I will have time to make another card now to enter your challenge but if I do get some time after work tomorrow I will defiitely join in and send another card to one of the children on the Post Pals site. I don't seem to be able to find the stats page you mention though. It's a great idea isn't it! Denise x
Hi, Ann! My card for your candy: http://takacsmarcsi.blogspot.com/2009/07/happy-mail.html
Thanks for the chance to win!
This rabbit and your card are cute :)
I've joined the DCM challenge for Postpals and did a monster card. I love your card with the strawberries and rabbit.
This is a fantastic card :) I am sure that the recipient will love it :)
jo x
Post a Comment