This is another of my samples for the Joanna Sheen Christmas Messy Rabbit collection. I love this card as I had so much fun (and a lot of hair tearing out) cutting the tags and letters on my Cricut machine.I love the way you can cut things just a tad smaller - my tags are in three sizes as one is patterned paper, one silver mirri card and one white base card and for the reverse one white, one silver and one white card base tag. How tricky would it be to do that by hand?
I matted and layered each one enclosing a card hinge between the two white base card layers so that the card would fold up to go in a C5 envelope.
The tags are around A5 size so the letters are huge and I ran them through the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder to add some texture.
In the 'O' is the Messy Rabbit angel - so adorable - a lovely stamp. The star is one of the smaller stamps in the collection and I added a gem brad to the centre of this.
This is the card when folded up. I decorated the back too, but forgot to take a photo before posting the card. Silly me, but on the back were two plain white panels edged with peel offs and in the central panel I had printed one verse of the carol 'Joy to the World'.
Having just completed the blog hop at the Cuttlebug Spot I would love to enter this card into their challenge. Like Aymee I love shaped cards.
19 comments:
Fabulous card Ann,
Beryl x
Dear Ann, I occasionally landed on your blog and like what I see here. You do wonderful artwork! And so I will make a visit again on your place from time to time to see what's new.
Love from Switzerland,
Karina
Fantastic card Ann. Love all JS things x
These are lovely tags. I like the starry paper paired with the silver. And yes, I agree that the Cricut is a terrific machine for cutting shapes. I have one, and although I don't use it as much as I had hoped to, when I do, I am still amazed at how I can punch a few keys and get perfect titles for my sb pages and shapes for my cards.
Oh My Giddy Aunt !!
It just keeps getting better Ann. This card is delightful and will definitely stand out from the rest on anyone's mantlepiece.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Fabulous card Ann!! I love the tag shape and all the detail.
Beautiful card Ann and the combination of Swiss dots and patterned background works really well. Have to agree with Max AGAIN :-) Your cards just keep getting better.
love
Joyce xx
Hello Ann!
Stunning creation! Absolutely beautiful...love the paper and adorable rabbit angel!!
A lovely card Ann, the tags look great!
Clairex
Awwww how cute Ann... love how you have presented Messy Rabbit... your work is always so neat and professional :)
Elaine x
Another lovely card Ann. I do like the tag shape and at the size you've made it, it must be quite spectacular in the hand
Ann x
What a fantastic card Ann. I'm not able to get on very often at the moment as my Vertigo is back with a bang. Miss all you are doing. Hugs Rita xx
Fabulous creation Ann. I bet Joanna's really pleased she picked you do be one of her designers.
Beryl xx
Just beautiful Ann! thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot. xxD
I love love the embossed letters...I must do that!!!...great job... just beautiful
thanks so much for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot
hugs
Jeannie
Oh My Ann. How clever are you! Your creation is totally awesome! How clever are you with your cricut! I bow down to your feet in praise of your talent and inspirational creativety!
Carole x
Another superb project Ann, beautifully crafted. Love the Messy Rabbit Angel - great fun!
Sylvia x
Love this! The tags are wonderful. I love the stars in each!
That's something I love about the Cricut too....that you can do things just a size bigger. Great tool!
Hello Ann
My favourite card, it's gorgeous.
luv
irene
xxxx
Post a Comment