This is 'Hoot' the fantastic new charactic in Joanna Sheen's range of stamps. Isn't he cute? There are 12 stamps in total in the range and this is one of the six I was lucky enough to be given to work with. I decided to go with an autumnal feel and pulled out some leafy paper from one of my DCWV packs for the background. I stamped Hoot on a circle of Bristol board and matted this on to orange card. Then I made a border of leaves all around the circle. These were cut on my Cricut and are in two layers. The orange layer is a whole leaf and the green a sort of half skeleton layer which was matted on top. Yep, it took quite a while to do, but it kept me out of mischief!
I've just realised it's a similar idea to the snowflake card I did yesterday, but I actually did this card way before I saw Sandra's snowflake one.
The ribbon and image are all coloured using Promarkers. I added a 'get well soon' tag and small green brads to each corner for added interest.
With it's autumnal feel my card is perfect for quite a few of the challenges this week...
My time to Craft - Autumn Fest (eeeeeeeeek only just in time and then only if the challenge is late being changed!)
Creative Inspirations - Autumn
No time to stamp - Autumn Leaves
Allsorts - Autumn Days
Secret Crafter - Animal Antics (well Hoot has certainly been up to something to break his wing)
Thank you for looking and for any kind comments. I do appreciate them all and have had many of my days brightened by your really kind words. Thank you so much.
22 comments:
Fantastic card Ann, and so many challanges !!!!!
luv
irene
xxxx
Hello Ann
Nice layout, cutting your leaves twice in the co-ordinating colours looks geat and the owl is very cute.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
B x
Oooh Ann - what gorgeous cards you've added since my last visit -they're all lovely but I think the snow globes are extra special
Ann x
Fabulous card Ann, such a lot of work in it. I was looking at these stamps, they are great
Beryl x
Hi Ann, I love your card - that little owl is soooo cute and your leaf border is amazing! Jo x
Great card love the image so cute, thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs kirsten...x
Another stunner Ann. Just love the leaves. Time well spent. Love all the attention to detail.
What a lovely cheerful card to lift someone's spirits.
hugs
Sandra x
Fab card and I love Hoot! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx
Wow...I LOVE it...love all that layering, and the image is so cute, too!
Cute card- I love how your created the wreath around the image.
Hi Ann, Oh nice to meet you,It is great to know someone who comes to Montgomery Hall. Yes my cards are up on the wall to advertise the class.I also do Saturday Workshops, so if you ever fancy joining us let me know!You are right it is a small world, I am amazed!!!
Lovely Autumn card, the owl is so cute.
Julie xx
Gorgeous card Ann. Just up my street and so right for this time of year.
love
Joyce xx
This is so cute Ann. A lovely get well card. So different, and you must really be enjoying those new stamps.
Beryl xx
Hi Ann
This is a fantastic card love the details in the leaves
Thanks for playing at Allsorts
Emma xxx
Hi Ann, Lovely card! Such a sweet image and the leaves are fab.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.
Lisa x
Fab card - love the image - sooooooooo cute. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx
Hi Ann
A lovely card with a super cute image! It goes really well with your sentiment.
Love your leaf arranging too.
Thanks for joining in the fun with Allsorts this week.
Love Jules x
aww this is gorgeous Ann love the owl stamp thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx
Fantastic take on this weeks animal antics theme! Thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x
Awwww ... you've just got to love this card and it would be worth getting ill for!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Oh what a gorgeous card, love the adorable owl.
luv
Debby
A goregeous card - the little owl is sooo cute and I love the leaf border frame.
Post a Comment