Friday, 16 October 2009

Boo!!


Halloween cards are just such fun to make that once you start you really want to do more. This was a really quick and easy shaker card to make.

Be warned though if you use bats in an apperture the wing edges are so sharp they stick in the foam pads used to create the shaker effect. Having said that the hanging to the side effect is rather bat like -so yeah another happy accident - errrrrr I mean something I did on purpose to get a realistic effect. LOL!

Materials used:
  • black and orange card
  • acetate
  • largest circular nestie to cut apperture
  • decoupaged image of Pumpkin by Docrafts - available free here
  • bat die cut using cuttlebug die and embossing folder
  • sparkly black border peel offs by Papermania
  • Boo sentiment stamp by Making Memories
  • bats confetti - part of huge set from Poundland (set includes skull, spiders and cats too - what a bargain).
  • embossed frame created on Scor-pal
  • tag cut using Cuttlebug die
  • ribbon from stash
There are just so many challenges involving Halloween at the moment and I'm hoping this continues as I need and want to do a few more cards, but for now...
and my card also fits the challenges at...
  • Everybody's Art - shapes or punchies (my bat and tag)
  • My Time to Craft - quick and cute (Pumpkin was already coloured so was much quicker and he's definitely cute)
  • ABC Challenge - Flying (on a broomstick is far more fun than Ryan Air)
Well guess that's the lot - 7 challenges yeah not bad but not a record! Have a fantastic weekend everyone and hopefully I'll see you on Monday for the new Pink Elephant challenge.

Ann xxx

22 comments:

camcraft said...

Wow Ann .. Love it :-) Did not know you could get 'bat wings' CBdie .. cool :-) Love the pounland bargain too :-)
Carole x

Elaine ♥ said...

Hi Ann, you have produced some beautiful cards since my last visit, sorry I ve been awol!!!

I love this shaker card though, sooo cute and wow 7 challenges in one woohoo!!

Hope you are well too :)
Elaine x

Emma said...

Hi Ann
Gorgeous card, love the shaker style and details.
Huge thanks for joining the pollycraft blog hop, hope you had fun and good luck with winning.
Hugs Emma x

brenda said...

Hi Ann

What a fab card, so different and well thought out.

Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Beryl K said...

Brilliant card Ann, love it
Beryl x

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful. Love the design and its a great take on the challenge. Thanks for taking part in the ABC Challenge this week and hope to see you at the next challenge.
Hugs
Desire
(ABC DT member)

Maria Matter said...

Boo??? You scared me....oh, but isn't this just the sweetest little image?!!! lol
This is a fabulous shaker card...too fun! Great job!
Blessings, Maria

Lesley said...

Fab card, and certainly cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Beryl said...

Great fun card and the bats inside the aperture a stroke of genious.
Beryl xx

Debs said...

Hi Ann
Super card. Great idea to do a shaker card too.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

Gro said...

Great halloween card
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do so love this card and its a shaker card brilliant love the image and those little bats fabulous design thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week

Hugs
Lorraine x

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous Halloween card Ann!! Love the window and all the little bats!!

Wendy said...

What a great card! The cat is adorable, the bats are cute, and I love the shaker box effect. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

Jill said...

beautiful card Ann thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Anne said...

So many lovely cards Ann since my last visit, this one is super - Poundland can be good for crafty stuff now and again! Hugs x

made by fifi said...

very cute indeed - thank you for joining in MTTC challenge this week x

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Ann, This is such an adorable card...I just LOVE it!! You have been creating so many beautiful cards and the candy wrappers are so cute...what a wonderful idea!
I want to thank you so very much for your caring and heartfelt words that you left on my blog. You have touched my heart more than you will ever know.
Love and Hugs,
Carol Anne
xoxo

Meikoningin said...

Oh such a sweet card :D you are right, halloween is such a fun time to make cards for, well done !

Anonymous said...

I love this Ann - had to re-read your bits about the bats in the apperture a couple of times though. I thought they were meant to be attached and was thinking what patience you must have - lol! You shouldn't have said anything :-)

Anonymous said...

Really cute I love the cat! great shaker! thanks for joining us on the ABC challenge this week, Samantha :0)

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is fabulous work Ann - thanks for joining the quick and cute challenge!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.