I don't usually like large A4 cards, but when I saw this glamourous lady A3 decoupage sheet at the Kanban outlet shop I just couldn't leave her behind. You can't tell in this photo, unfortunately, but she is decoupaged and both her dress and the tree in the background are embellished with gems and I added some Sakura Stardust to her skirt which is subtle but in real life looks really glitzy.Due to the size of the card the sentiment was a bit of a problem. Sometimes, and maybe you do this too, I make the whole card and then can neither think where best to put the sentiment or what would fit best. On this occasion all the peel offs I had were just too tiny! Thank goodness for Keith at Wath market - what would I do without him? Not only did he have the right size (or the best fit I could have got), but it was in a box where all the peel offs were 5 sheets for a pound! Don't you just love it when that happens?
Materials used:
- Kanban A3 decoupage sheet
- gold sparkly card, red and black card
- gold border and sentiment peel offs
- gems from stash
- Fab's Big Christmas Card Challenge - Winter ladies (check out the beautiful ones Fab has on display that have been created by Vince)
- Everybody's Art - Christmas
- Papertake Weekly - Christmas Crackers
- My Time to Craft - Very Vintage
- Winter Wonderland - Christmas with no stamps or papers
- Crafty Ann's Challenge - Black white and one other colour (sorry I didn't enter last time Ann, but I'm here now!)
Allsorts Challenge Blog - a Christmas song or Christmas Carol - I think with this glam lady my song has to be 'Mistletoe and Wine' by Cliff Richard which is I remember rightly has a romantic feel to it and this lady certainly looks like she's heading to a romantic 'mistletoe and wine' night out.
And lastly but really importantly Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Yeah - hope each and everyone of you has a fabulous day.
21 comments:
Morning Ann,
I agree, stunning card, I don't do large cards as like you I never know where to put a sentiment.
Happy thanksgiving.
Hugs
Christine xx
She's absolutely magnificent Ann! I can see the gems and some of the sparkle when I enlarge on the picture and in real life this card must be stunning - your man at wath market came up trumps for you with the peel offs too. I'm thrilled you managed to join in with us at CACB this time too.
Ann x
Wow Ann, she is one stunning lady. Your card is soooo beautiful. I wish I lived near a Kanban outlet, I know I can get it online, but would rather browse and see it in real life before buying
Beryl x
What a beautiful card Ann and well done on making it fit so many challenges wow! Such good luck about the peel-offs too
Me again Ann, doh!!
Forgot to say thanks for joining in with CACB
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
liz x
What a lovely lady - and the card is fabulous too!!! Just stunning. Tess x
Hello Ann
She certainly is a stunning lady, so very elegant. These Kanban toppers really do have beautiful artwork.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
B x
Hi ann
what a lovely lady, great interpritation of the challenge...x
Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x
Beautiful card, so classy, thanks for joining in the challenge at MTTC this week.
Pat xx
I very elegant card Ann. I can see why you couldn't leave her at Kanban.
Beryl xx
Hi Ann, I wouldn't have been able to leave this lady behind either. Your card is perfect and your little man at Wath is a life saver! Thanks for joining us a CACB. Hugs x
Beautiful card! Great image, thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx
Hi Ann, I have been thinking of you so much. What an absolutely stunning card, the lady is gorgeous!! I just love how you added the Sakura Stardust on her skirt, really beautiful!! I have never heard of this product but I will have to look for it here...I love sparkle!! :)
Many blessings to you on this Thanksgiving day!
Love & Hugs, Carol Anne
WOW - soooo noble!
Thanks for joining EAC!
Hugs, Alex
Hi Ann
fantastic card, I love the lady so elegant! thanks for joining us at ww
Joey.x
really elegant card
yes you're right this is a stunning lady fab card thanks for joining in the fun at MTTC hugs x
She's definitely glamorous - I can see why you were keen to use this
Gorgeous! What a beautiful lady!
Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Teri xx
This is so elegant and beautiful--lovely colors too! Thank you for joining our challenge!
Hugs,
April
EAC Team
Post a Comment