Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Black and White at Tuesday Taggers...


Tuesday Taggers is really special this week as my good friend Irene is their guest designer so naturally I just had to join in.  Check out Irene's fantastic project here - isn't that just a fabulous set?

The challenge is use black and white, which is one of my favourite schemes as it's so easy to do and usually ends up as quite classy work.  For the basic layout of my card I decided to use the sketch at Sketch Saturday and make an anytime card.  I seem to need these quite often both as 'thank you' cards and little cards to put in with 'cheer up' gifts and RAKS.

I've purposely kept the card very flat - no bulky flowers or foam pads.  It really hurt doing that as I love dimension, but hey the charges at the post office are killing and they are set to rise again in April so needs must.

The silhouette image is from my new Silhouette CD by Debbie Moore.  I actually printed a whole sheet of these images and I'm half contemplating making a set on notelets with them - we'll see.  I rather like the idea of making a folder to match too.  Watch this space!!

As I've used new stash my card is perfect for the challenges at...
Have a fantastic day everyone - oh it's so good to be able to craft again after last week. Thank goodness whatever was wrong seems to have settled down - let's hope it stays that way. 

17 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Ann

Oh thank you so much, your card is gorgeous I love the colours and image, and the layout.

luv
irene
xxxx

Unknown said...

Fab Card Ann, I think our challenge, made a nice change from Xmas colours....to get our creative juices flowing again....Irene made such a wonderful project for us, she is very talented as you say....many thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week, and hope you visit again real soon. Hugs Avril xxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Morning Ann, you're quite right this is a very classy card - really beautiful. I'll check out this challenge too and do my best to join in and support Irene. Glad that you're feeling so much better now too. Thank you for supporting Crafty Ann's again.
Ann x

Torico said...

Hello Ann. It's beautiful and classy.
You say this color combo is easy one, but it is difficult for me...

torico XX

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Ann - very classy. Tess x

Chrissie said...

Just gorgeous Ann, love this colour palette, so elegant.
Thanks for joining in with CACB.

Beryl said...

Really elegant card Ann. I love black and white too. I didn't know the postage was going up again. It's a conspiracy against us cardmakers I think. Glad you're OK now.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

Super charming! Love the feel of this board Reilly, and those charms are pretty sweet :) Iflorist.co.uk

Silli said...

olala...Ann, ES IST SEHR SCHön! Very pretty card, love the labdy...Hugs and happy day!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card Ann!! I love the black & white!! Fabulous job!!

PatR said...

Fabulous Ann and thanks so much for joining TT this week.
Pat x

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Ann this is wonderful I so love this black/white theme and that silhouette is fabulous thank you so much for joining our challenge at Crafty Ann's

Hugs
Lorraine x

Neet said...

Hi Ann - found your blog via Tuesday Taggers. Love your black and white card - very elegant.

Michelle said...

Beautiful work Ann, a perfect entry for Tuesday Taggers. Thanks so much for joining us this week,
x Michelle

Viv said...

Great card - the silhouette is perfect - a real classy card!

starcyl said...

Classy card, I love it.
Thanks for joining in with CACB.

Jenny x

Unknown said...

I agree irenes set is gorgeous and so is yours - a notelet set would look great in this fab combination thanks for joining us at TT this week x janet

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.