Today is a day of lurve at The Pink Elephant! It's time to bring out the hearts and roses and anything romantic you can find in your stash.
I used the amazing sketch at A Spoonful of Sugar, but I'm really cross with myself, because I don't think I've done the sketch justice at all. I may try again with different colours and stamps.
All three stamps - the border squiggle, the open letter and the larger rose design are from a romantic set by Penny Black. I stamped onto cream card and coloured the rose and leaves with Promarkers. The large image was also stamped on to vellum and then the letter and rose was matted on top using foam pads to give depth.
My card is also for the challenges at...
- Creative Card Crew - Valentines
- Tanda Teaser - for a loved one
- C.R.A.F.T. - Valentines
- Fussy and Fancy - Hearts
- Raise the Bar - Hearts
- Stamp Something - love somethings
- Pile it on - Love is in the air.
Phew I think love is definitely in the air looking at how many challenges have a love theme at the moment. Thank you everyone for looking and leaving such amazing comments that always make my day.
Tomorrow at The Pink Elephant we are celebrating our first birthday as a challenge blog and to mark the occasion there's a rather special blog hop happening so hope you'll be able to join us at TPE tomorrow.

22 comments:
Super Lovely and so you...PERFECT and Sweet!!
HUGS - LORi
Wow. Ann. I think your card is just gorgeous. Love everything about it :-)
Cannot believe'The Pink Elephant' challenge blog has been going 1 year. How time flies. Wishing everyone at 'The Pink Elephant' A Very Happy 1st Birthday for tomorrow.
Carole x
Oh Ann, this is just gorgeous. I've not seen the original sketch, but I think your layout is great
Beryl x
Wow! So elegant Ann!
Betty
Hello Ann
Your card is fabulous, I don't know where you find all these stamps but they are gorgeous.
Love the colours and layout.
luv
irene
xxxx
Love love love it,gorgeous card Ann!
Hugs
Tracy
xxx
Great card Ann, not sure why you aren't happy with it!
Thanks for joining in with our Teaser this week!
Sue
x
Ann this is absolutely STUNNING!
Hugs Kel
Good afaternoon Ann, a stunning card love all that heart detail and lovely layout. Thank you for joining the CCC challenge this week. Love the card below too stunning image! hugs Linda x
This is lovely, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge and good luck!
Jo.
Beautiful Ann. Very romantic.
Beryl xx
Love it!! So pretty!
Lovely card! Great job and thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Hi Ann, this is just stunning, love everything about it. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs Suzi x
Ann this is so rich and elegant and so romantic I think you have worked the sketch so well
Hugs
Lorraine x
Thanks for playing along in our Valentines/ Love challenge at C.R.A.F.T. with your lovely card - beautiful! Cheers Claire x
Now how, I ask myself, is it possible to be mushy and gushy AND elegant all at the same time?? I don't know, but you've managed to acheive it with this wonderful card Ann.
Ann x
Very pretty Ann! Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!
Oh this is awesome Ann! Love the vintage flair it has!! Thanks so much for joining us at Raise The Bar! Hope to see you again next week!!
Beautiful card, Ann!! I love all your special little touches!!
Very elegant card Ann!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T!
Hugs,
Ei
x
I just lurve your card Ann! heehee! First off, a huge congratulations at all the winnings! I saw your name in a couple of spots this week - woo hoo!
This mushy card is by far delightful and adorable! What a wonderfully balanced card with all the right embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Raise The Bar this week Ann!
Post a Comment