Monday, 8 March 2010

Pink Elephant Day - Invite to a Bun Fight...

The theme at The Pink Elephant this week is Party Invites.  My card is a combination of both a tea party invite and a Mother's Day Card.  
My daughter, Shelley, wants to invite Grandma round to her new house for tea around Mother's Day and as she has already asked me to make a card for her to give Gran I decided it might be a good idea to combine the invitation and the Mother's Day card together. 
I was thinking along the lines of how we always used to call tea parties 'bun fights' and that led me to trying to create a card around the theme of a cake stand full of buns.
The base of the cake stand was cut using the Celebrations Cricut cartridge and then I added the layers using strips of the same card.  The buns are from a really cute stamp set by Hero Arts.  I'm disappointed with the card as it's not come out quite like I visualised it, but Gran will love it as it has tons of glitter and bling. 

My card is also for the challenges at...
Have a great day everyone. 

18 comments:

Velta said...

What do you mean you are disappointed?? This card is perfect! Love your use of the Cricut...and I have been browsing your blog...I LOVE your sketches...and hope your don't mind if I CASE one soon :)

Anne said...

Scrumptious! Hugs xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Ann so YUMMY and GORGEOUS!!

Janette said...

This card is gorgeous Ann and those cakes look yummy enough to eat.
Janette

Susie Sugar said...

Adorable card Ann really beautiful work & yummy buns , thanks for playing with us at DCD this week please come back soon
Hugs Susie xx

Joey said...

Hi Ann

this is FANTASTIC! great arrangement and beautiful colours, thanks for joining us at totally papercafts this week

Joey.x

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Wow this is just gorgeous, I LOVE it as I am sure your Mum will.
Your cakes definately look good enough to eat.

luv
irene
xxxx

Mummylade said...

What a yummy card! I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

Sheri Gilson said...

Well I think it turned out fabulous!! Love the colors and yummy cakes!!

Karen said...

Ooooh this is brilliant. thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Anonymous said...

oh so cute and the embossing in silver makes it just so stinking special!!! Come by sometime to join in on my contest tomorrow if you ave a chance. I'd love to see you there!

Daniele said...

yum yum what a great card thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs x

Sue said...

Hi Ann
oh gorgeous card those cakes look delicious, luv it, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, yummy cakes! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Vicki G said...

Ohhhh Ann! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I miss hearing what you've been up to as well! I sure hope all is going well with you and sending hugs across the atlantic to you!

Hugs

Vicki

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Oh Ann this is such an absolutely gorgeous card...I love it so much!!! Brilliant job!!
Hugs, Carol Anne

Andrea M said...

How fabulous is this!?!?! Gorgeous, I tell ya! Thanks for piling it on with us :)

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card :-)

Congratulations Ann :-) You have won the prize on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.