Friday, 21 May 2010

Bah! Humbug! Day and ribbons everywhere...

Yeah it's Friday and that means a new challenge at Bah! Humbug!  This week we are focussing on ribbons.  I think it must be very rare that I make a card without ribbon.  My favourite is organza as it always falls so well into bows, whether small or large ones.  However, for our challenge I decided to add loads of ribbon bows and make a ribbon festooned Christmas tree.  
I must admit I was going to tie little bows myself, but then Laura reminded me that there was a whole pack of tiny ribbon bows unopened in the embellishment drawer so I decided to take the lazy way out and use them.
The tree and stand was cut using my Christmas Cheer Cricut cartridge.   Oooooooooh just realised that stand could be very useful for my Clarity corset stamp!  A panel of Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing mounted on silver mirri card and border and corner peel offs finish off my very simple card.

In addition to Bah! Humbug! my card is also for the challenges at...
Have an amazing weekend everyone and I hope you'll have time to bring out your ribbons and join us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

10 comments:

Pink Dandelion said...

Gorgeous card, very elegant and I love how you have used the ribbon bows (another idea I can 'steal' lol). Debs xx

Susan.... said...

Good morning Ann,
That is such a stunning card ! l love pink christmas cards,and with the ribbons too...well, what can l say ! Beautiful ..
Hugs
susan x

the crafty duck said...

Hi Ann, love this card, the ribbon christmas tree is fab and love the colour!! Lots of love Steph

Max said...

What a wonderfully pretty card Ann. I was going to compliment you on your bow tying skills and patience - but will just have to compliment you on your layout and colour choice instead LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Brilliant card Ann - you've reminded me of our fisr christmas in this house and we'd bought a 3' fibre optic tree because there isn't room for our big one until we get the house sorted. I couldn't get at the decs so decorated the tree with a mixture of tied and stamped bows. It looked very effective too.
Ann x

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous card, Ann!! Love all the little bows!!

Beryl said...

Fabulous design Ann. Love all those little bows - such a great way to decorate your tree and I can see where the stand would be very useful.
Beryl xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Truely full of ribbons Ann Lol!!! Love the shape. Cathy xxxx

Irene said...

Hello Ann

What a gorgeous, beautiful and stunning card - LOVE it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Sandra said...

Wonderful card Ann. Love all the little bows.
Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I really appreciate it!
Hugs
Sandra x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.