My first cards to show today are for the new challenge over at Bah! Humbug! where this week the theme is Less is More! Oh my goodness a tricky one for me as I like to put lots on a card and find 'white space' quite unnerving, but hey I did my best!
Little need for explanation on this card. It was so easy - just a Cuttlebug embossed border mounted on turquoise glitter card and then attached to card. Then a Cuttlebug die glitter snowflake with gemstone centre was added to the border. A silver peel off greeting finishes the card. Very, very easy to make and I suppose if I wanted to make a batch of cards this one would be ideal.
My second card features Santa again. I eventually found the wall background paper by Kanban that I really wanted to use for last week's challenge. As I had some stamped and coloured images left I decided to make the card anyway. Think it still counts as a 'Less is more' card as there are very few extras on it. The 'Santa was here' stamp was part of a Studio G set that I've had ages and it seemed like the perfect sentiment to stamp on the wall. Naughty Santa spraying graffiti like that - he'll find himself on the Naughty list!
I wanted a little extra sparkle around the sentiment so added some Stickles which for some reason looks green - strange I must treat myself to some more colours. I've heard a rumour today that you can get black stickles oooooooooh wow that is definitely on the wish list.When making both my cards I also had the following challenges in mind...
- Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club - Arctic Winter
- Daring Card Makers - Ice and Snow (ends today but I might just make it)
- Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge - Christmas in July
Hope you all have a fun day.
Ann xxx


6 comments:
Your snowflake card is stunning in it's simplicity Ann and would be ideal for making in bulk.
Your Santa looks so mischievous peeking over that wall doesn't he? LOL! Hope he didn't use spray paint for his graffiti - not a good example to the kiddywinks and if he gets caught he'll probably get community service LOL!
Can't wait to hear your exciting news and see what other goodies you have in store for us for Crafty Ann's challenge. How do you do it all???
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Hi Ann
Phew that was close!! My DT card was going to be almost identical to your snowflake card. Changed my mind at the last minute. Love both your cards. Debs xx
I love both your cards! Great work!
Thank you for playing with us at die Cut Dreams Christmas club!
What a pair of simple and fantastic cards. Thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenge!
Two gorgeous cards Ann.
Cathy
xxxxx
Wow Ann, stunning elegant and gorgeous.
luv
irene
xxxx
Post a Comment