Friday, 17 September 2010

Bah! Humbug! Day ...Text....

Oh I had so much fun making this card for our new challenge at Bah! Humbug!  This week our theme is to use text as a focal point.  Wow, brilliant news as ever since seeing Barbara Gray's show on Create and Craft recently when she showed some amazing word stamps I've been desperate to have a play using words and their shape as a feature on a card.
I decided to take the obvious route and choose a word with a couple of convenient circular openings in the letters.  I must admit that on starting the card I was thinking of the 'Os' being apertures and the polar bears being stamped on the card inner.  In the end though I used acetate and made the 'Os' into shaker areas with the polar bears stamped on card behind.  The glitter card letters were cut on my Cricut machine using the basic cartridge that accompanied my machine.


Materials used...
  • Woodware Polar Bear clear stamp set
  • Cricut machine and Plantain Schoolbook Cartridge
  • Diamond Dust (in the shaker part)
  • acetate and clear foam tape to create shaker section
  • sentiment computer generated and printed on to white card
  • blue glitter card and silver mirri board
  • silver peel off
Additional challenges...
Don't forget to pop over to Bah! Humbug! and check out the fab designs by my team mates Irene and Max and hopefully you'll have time to join us in our new challenge.
Have a great Friday.
Ann xxx

16 comments:

chrissy xx said...

One really 'Cool' card. LOve it.
Thank you for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
Chrisssyxx

Max said...

Fan - bloomin' - tastic!
When I first saw this card I was blown away - you're so clever! I definitely need to trap hubby when he comes home and force him into giving me craft robo lessons so I can try to be as creative as you are with your cricut.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Karen said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
xx

Irene said...

Morning Ann

What a fabuous card I LOVe LOVe it, hint hint!!!!

The letters and colours are stunning and such fantastc idea.

irene
xxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Ann just love your card.....I missed this on Barbara's show but what a fantastic idea....

Anne

Rita said...

What a cool card Ann, I love the way you have stamped the image too. My imagination is running away with me on this one. Hugs Rita xxx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is fantastic!! I love that the O's have images in them in addition to the snow globe effect!! Pretty sweet!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

Sarah :)

Beryl said...

Oh what a clever idea to use the 'o's as apertures. I love it. Must have missed that Barbara Gray programme about the letters - been missing too much lately. Love the 'cool' blue colouring too - a favourite colour of mine for Christmas.
Beryl xx

Sheri Gilson said...

What a cool card!! Love the fun windows!!

Pink Dandelion said...

Fantabulous card Ann. I am so jealous of your cricut, maybe one day!! Take Care Debs xx

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Ann :-) I LOVE this ,,,, the little shakers are such a brill idea ,,,, fantastic :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Heather said...

Hi Ann - cool card!!
Brilliant design, fabulous colours and I love how you've used the O's for the shaker part.
So glad you could join in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Cheryl said...

What a COOL card! (Sorry, couldn't resist) I love it. Very creative.

Christine said...

I love this idea. What a fun unique project. So cute that you can see the polar bears in the o's. The snow that shakes inside them is the perfect accent!!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

KraftyKoolKat said...

Yes a very cool card.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Lisa said...

Awesome! Thanks for playing with Pixie Dust Studio this week!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.