Friday, 31 December 2010

Favourite Five from 2010

I had so much fun visiting blogs looking at everyone's favourite five Christmas cards that I just had to join in Debbie's follow up challenge which is to choose your five favourite projects from the whole year.  

Oh my, that is a toughie, but here goes...

Had to choose this card featuring Alice in Wonderland simply because I love the secret pocket. It was a card for my daughter Laura, who is a complete PINK addict, but she still loved the card.  Amazing!

 Card number two has to be...
A card using a Dreamweaver tree stencil with embossing paste and then coloured with Distress Inks before being finally sprayed with Crafter's Companion Glitter spray.  
In at number three comes...
an acetate creation using a digi by Crafty Ann and a Cuddly Buddly stamp.  Think it's the charm attached to the sentiment that makes this one a hit for me.  It took me so long to find the charm that I knew I had somewhere in my stash that I just had to love it once found.

Number 4 is...
I've chosen this one because I love Sweetpea images.  I've bought far more of them than I've actually used, but they are just so magical.  
Last, but not least favourite card number five is...
The snakeskin effect paper on this is just so tactile.  It really feels scaly and it was great to use one of an incredible set of charms that Father Christmas brought me last year.
The card was made for my daughter's boyfriend to give her on Valentine's day.  I'm not 100% sure whether they love my cards or they love the price of them (free!), but oh well I have fun making them.
Do join in with Debbie's event and check out everyone's favourites of the year.  It's fun and going by the Christmas favourites there will be some stunning cards on display.
Happy New Year to Everyone.
Hugs and Smiles.
Ann xxx

12 comments:

Doreen said...

Such stunning cards Ann. Love them all.
Happy Ney Year.xxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Great choices Ann and they are all so different.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Best wishes Debs xx

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Ann, love these fab cards. All very different & all very lovely. My favourite is the first one, gorgeous Alice image & perfectly coloured. Happy New Year.

Donna x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Wonderful cards Ann, if I had to pick a favourite it would be card
No2 the stencilled one.
If you were like me I had difficulty is picking out just five!!!!
Smiles:)

Paula (PEP) said...

I love your tree silhouette & spent a happy while scrolling down your blog. Have found your Challenge Mania too & added myself as a Follower.
Have a good 2011.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Chrissy said...

They are all gorgeous Ann, I couldnt choose a favorite, they all equally lovely.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Unknown said...

Hi Ann thanks for popping by yesterday. It's fun looking at everyone else's fave five. I love your choice, they're all beautiful, my fave has to be Ann's, it's so pretty and soft. PS I also had a look at your other Challenge Blog and took note of some :) Hugs and a Happy New Year to you too xxx

Lynda said...

Wow Ann what a wonderful selection of cards. Love every single one of them but was so pleased to see one with a Stampotique girl on it - I could secretly get addicted to these stamps lol. Happy New Year.

Love Lynda xxx

Christa said...

Hi Ann ! It is so much fun to see someone else's top 5....so different than mine , but allso great cards !! Happy creative new year. LOve from Holland , Christa.

Sandy Ang said...

Happy New Year. Lovely cards and that reptile skin paper is so unique and outstanding !

Miria said...

Hi, Ann. thank you for your lovely comment. I have to say that your fave five are simply amazing and they're not the only ones on your blog! I'll be a follower. Happy 2011! Miria

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful selection Ann love that they're so very different.
Thanks for joining in with my challenge.
luv
Debby

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.