Oh how lovely to be able to do some crafting again instead of just trying to sort out my craft supplies and bring some order into all my stuff. It's an impossible task anyway so I really don't know why I even try.
Today I had a little search through my Penny Black stamps and found this cute hedgie that I haven't used before. Had a little panic midway through this card (as you do) as when it came to cutting the blue mat for the image I hadn't enough blue card left. Eeek! There was enough to the oval you can see, but no larger. Anyway to cut a long story short the image had to be trimmed and a silver peel off butterfly added to replace the one chopped off during the trimming process. Saved by the skin of my teeth as they say.
The papers are from a magazine and have been teamed with a pale blue pearlescent. After such a long break from crafting I got a little bit carried away and even did the inner at the same time. Yikes, that has got to be a first.
Nothing too fancy, but I think it does make the card a little bit more special. My card was made with the following challenges in mind...
- Sweet Sketch Wednesday - I used their amazing sketch for the base of my card.
- Penny Black Saturday - 3 papers, 1 ribbon and 1 charm
Hope everyone is having a great start to their year. Thank you for visiting and for all the fantastic comments I receive. So kind.
Ann xxx


14 comments:
Ahhhhhh, how sweet!!!!! I love your image and soft colors. Super adorable! Thanks for joining us at SSW and Happy New Year.
Linda
Really sweet card, Ann. Following a sneaky peak at some of the lovely cards on your blog I felt I just had to become one of your followers.
Happy New Year to you.
Anne x
Hiya Ann,
This sooooooo super cute - that little Hedgie is adorable! Love your layout and papers too :o)
Happy New Year,
Hugs,
Cazza
xxx
Hi Ann, Gorgeous card! I love this sweet image and fab papers.
Lisa x
Hi Ann, gorgeous card. very cute image and love the yummy papers.
Donna x
Hi Ann
this is adorable and a gorgeous colour combo! thanks for joining us at PBSC
Happy New Year
Joey xx
I love your soft color scheme. Great color combo! Your image is adorable with that little butterfly on the edge. Thanks for joining us this week. Happy New Year!
Nanct SSW-DT
awwww, just the sweet little hedgie!! love the soft colors of the card!
Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Hugs
Jackie
Lovely card Ann and the inner is very sweet. Perhaps there should be a challenge where the inner was as important as the outer. That would make us gets our buts into gear.
Beryl xx
Hi Ann , that is such a sweet card ! I like the colours. Love from Holland , Christa.
this is so sweet ann..thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...wishing you a happy 2011...hugs kath xxx
This is just too ca-ute!!! I love the soft pretty papers you used with this image! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Peace & Luv,
Jeannie
This is just the sweetest card Ann. Adorable image and those wonderful papers and soft beautiful colors. Such a dreamy feel to this one! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
All the best,
Sharon
SSW-DT
Oh my goodness - what an adorable image!!!!! I love the soft colors, just the perfect card!! Thanks so much for playing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Deanne :)
Post a Comment