Friday, 4 March 2011

Bah! Humbug! Day... Embossing...

Well, Friday again and time for a new challenge at Bah! Humbug!  This week we are focussing on embossing.  Another challenge that will give all our supporters tons of scope as there are so many kinds of embossing.  On my card I went for the easy peasy lemon squezy kind and used embossing folders.  I used a large 5 x 7 folder for the woven effect on the glitter card and because the design is a repetitive one I was able to reposition the folder to emboss an even larger area.  I've also used my Swiss Dots folder to emboss the strip across the middle of the card.  The circle die cut frame is by Marianne and also has embossed edges.
Other materials used...
  • Milli clear stamp by Penny Black
  • border punch
  • pink card and silver mirri card
  • gems and organza ribbon
  • tag die by Cuttlebug
Other Challenges...
Christmas Challenges...
    Have a fantastic weekend everyone and be sure to check out the work of our Guest Designers at Bah! Humbug!  They have submitted some stunning creations.
    Ann xxx

    13 comments:

    Marushy said...

    Hi
    It's wonderful card.

    Thanks for joining Cutie sunday this week.

    Hugs
    Marushy

    Fiona said...

    Pretty card, Ann! Love the colour scheme.

    Max said...

    Oooooh the pink and sparkly silver combo' looks really good together and that angel stamp is just too cute. The embossing looks fantastic on the glitter card and I bet is even more amazing in real life.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    the crafty duck said...

    Hi Ann this is so cute!!! Your angel is gorgeous and the embossing is fab, lots of klove Steph

    Lynda said...

    This is fabulous Ann - love the embossed background.

    Love Lynda xxx

    Anonymous said...

    Gorgeous card Ann, can't wait to have a play with this weeks Bah humbug challenge. Sue x

    Christine B. said...

    Lovely crd Ann love the colour scheme. Hugs x ChrisB

    Bella´s Bastelecke said...

    It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday this week...

    Hugs
    Bella

    Chrissie said...

    Oooh, lovely card Ann, as are your other latest creations. Sorry I've been AWOL for a while again.
    I'm hoping to get to join in with BH again soon (I need to keep going with the xmas cards)
    Hope you're keeping well sweetie?
    lol Chrissie xx

    Pink Dandelion said...

    Fabulous card Ann. I love the embossed background. I've never thought of embossing glitter card but will try now. Love the image it is so cute. Debs xx

    Danni said...

    Very sweet! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    Gina said...

    Lovely embossing Ann and that little angel is a cutie.
    Gina x

    Beryl said...

    Fabby card Ann. The glitter card looks brilliant with that lovely embossing folder.
    Beryl xx

    Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.