Had a fantastic week away at a friend's house so not much time for crafting, but found time of course for our latest challenge at Bah! Humbug! This week our theme is 'Metallics'.
I decided to head for something I haven't used for a long time - Art Metal! I first used this stuff when I bought my Wizard machine many years ago and loved the way it embosses using brass stencils. Having said that although it embosses beautifully it can also be quite tricky to use because it also marks easily too, but I think it is worth the extra effort.
Additional materials used...
- gold metal brads
- papers by HOTP
- xyron design runner for the sentiment strip (again wow that's 3 times now - could this be worth the investment?)
- snowflake die cut using Marianne die
- cream organza ribbon and lace
- green embossed card and cream pearlescent paper
Additional challenges...
- Charisma Card Challenges - Use diecuts (my snowflake)
- Crafty Purple Frog - Green projects
- Delightful Challenges - Show us some green
- The Pixie Dust Studio - Go Green
- Crafty Hazel's Challenge - Go for Gold
Have a fabulous weekend everyone. I'm going to a craft day with Claire of Molly Bloom stamps so I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited. Hopefully I'll be able to show my makes on Sunday, but don't hold your breath as I've heard we're using Aqua markers and that will be completely new to me and probably a disaster, but we'll see.
Love and hugs
Ann xxx

16 comments:
Hello Ann, this is gorgeous, really elegant, hope you had a good week, lots of love Steph
Beautiful card, very elegant. Debs xx
Very classy - love the gold embossing. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 11 - hope to see you again soon - new challenge tomorrow. x
A lovely card on the metallic theme - thinking cap is on!!
Stunning, stunning card Ann, I love it. I bought some of that metal stuff and it is still sitting in a file somewhere along with my unused Design Runner!
Glad you enjoyed your break
Beryl x
Oooooh Ann.
Another totally fabulous card ... but then we expect nothing less from a woman of your craft caliber! As you say, you only have to look at Art Metal the wrong way to dent it but oh boy it looks stunning when embossed.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Hi Ann
A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx
Anne, your card is fantastic. I'm looking forward to doing my card to-morrow. Hugs Rita xxxx
It was lovely to meet you as well Ann! Even though we didn't get much chatting done!!! Hope you manage to get it finished so you can blog them!!
Just love mine but I do love Molly Blooms and I also love House Mouse and noticed that your blog has some wonderful creations on with them!!!
As you have seen my favourite is sweetpea's!!! Just adore them in stamps and decoupage!!
Will try to join in at Bah Humbug!! Love Chanelle xxxx
Love the green and gold Anne, very elegant. Metal scares me a bit as I always end up with cuts on my hand!! So need to think on this one.
Val x
Your color combination is great, Ann! That gold really pops next to the green. Thanks for joining us for our green challenge at Delightful Challenges!
oooh, PRETTY! classy and elegant and i LOVE the embossed tree. i'm also quite impressed at how well you were able to photograph this card - metallics and i do NOT get along! thanks for playing with the Charisma Gals this week! xo
Very very Christmas lovely! You are so right about the metal embossing. I love yours!
Love this card, really elegant. Hugs x ChrisB
This is stunning. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pixie Dust Challenge.
Karen
wow wee this is amazing ! i adore your combination of colours and that embossing stands out so well
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog
Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K
Post a Comment