So much to do and so little time. I so want to keep joining in with the challenges at Less is More, but this week has flown by so fast.
Anyway this morning I pulled out some square punches, some ready folded tall narrow cards and set to work. It actually took me about 10 minutes or so to make this card - okay don't all shout 'Yes and you can tell!' I am actually quite proud of it and I really feel like I'm beginning some grasp the concept of 'less is more' a little better. Thank you Chrissie and Mandi at the challenge blog. They are a real inspiration.
The pearlescent pink card was punched 3 times using a large Papermania punch bought in a sale some time ago and then I added a pearlescent white inner and added gems in the right place to match up with the design on the front. A peel off greeting between the squares finishes the card off and makes it suitable to send at any time to a friends or family.
The line is not in the middle as the punch would only reach so far into the card. To make them central I would have had to do some matting and layering and I really wanted to use the inner with the gems on and keep the window effect. I think the slightly off centre works, but what do you think?
I know I probably could have done loads better and experimented more given time, but at least I've joined in. The photo is a bit naff too - so sorry.
Additional Challenges...
- Papertake Weekly - Anything goes plus something old (my prefolded cardstock and matching envelope has been in drawer for years - in a Lakeland pack and they stopped selling craft stuff a while ago now.)
Ann xxx

9 comments:
Hi Ann,
This has got me foxed... it looks like it's embossed with a white raised bit, rather than punched with the white put behind... whatever, it's a great effect and I like it off centre.
I have to say that peel offs are not my favourite sentiments but that's just down to personal taste.
I'm so glad you made time for our challenge in your busy schedule and we appreciate it.
See you next week!
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Great card xx Jan
Pretty card Ann, I think the placement is fine.
oh Ann this is super, I do love pink, specially baby pink
FABBY layout
Thanks for joining us again Ann
mandi
"Less is More"
Lovely card. Love the white highlights on the pink.
Lynne xxx
Hi Anne, it's very beautiful and elegant. I have those punches and never quite sure what to do with them. Great idea.
Donna x
Love your tall card Ann!!!! So elegant
Hugs
Vicki
Just perfect Ann, a super use of punches of which we have soooo many.
Hugs xx
Your card is beautiful, love the simplicity it makes it so elegant.
Diane x
Post a Comment