Thursday, 19 May 2011

Blatant copying!!!

Sometimes you see a card with such a clever technique on it that you can't help but have a go yourself.  Recently I saw a stunning card by Sylvie at Gibmiss where she had used lots of different sized flowers and linked them together across an aperture.  I thought this was a really wonderful idea and just couldn't resist doing my own version.  Thank you so much for the inspiration, Sylvie.
My flowers were cut out of gold mirri card in three sizes using my Cricut machine.  The card is 6.5" by 6.5" which will give you an idea of the size of the aperture.  It took a lot of flowers and a lot of patience too, but I do love the effect.  I matted the heart piece onto white vellum using foam tape to give depth to the design and then matted it onto gold mirri.  A sentiment peel off and gold brads in the corners finish the design.
Do check out Sylvie's fabulous card which is a white on white stunner - just beautiful.
My card is for the following challenges...
Will be back with my Bah! Humbug! challenge card tomorrow.  This week is quite a tester - it certainly tested me to the limit.
Hugs and Smiles
Ann xxx

9 comments:

Linda Wescott said...

BEautiful and so elegant....I totally love the idea too and will probably be pinching it off you before long lol. Hugs lin

Jaqi said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I might have to do some blatent copying too! :)

Stamps and Paper said...

This is such a pretty card a love the idea....

Anne

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Ann ,, I love the gold ,,, really pretty :-)
I need to plug in my cricut and copy too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Ann,
Beryl x

Sandra H said...

Such a lovely elegant card :)

Pink Dandelion said...

Really beautiful card Ann, off to check out 'the original'. Debs xx

andrea said...

Gorgeous card,love the design thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Max said...

Oh WOW! How did I miss this beauty?
Absolutely stunning.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.