Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Friends...

Phew think I've just made it with this page for two challenges at Frosted Designs .  I used their present sketch and followed their recipe of 3 patterned papers, two buttons and a one word title.  I don't find it easy to combine patterned papers so this was a toughie for me, but if you look very carefully I did sneak a tiny sneaky bit of a third patterned paper around the edge of the journalling circle.  Quite a clever/lucky break having that paper actually cause it matches the colours on Ann's T shirt.
Materials used...
  • G.C.D. papers
  • Cricut to cut the large petalled circles and letters
  • Spellbinder tag and swirl die
  • Flower punch
  • inkjet acetate to print journalling on
  • tiny buttons and organza ribbon
Additional challenge...
  • Pollycraft - Favourite Things (going on holiday, Italy, gorgeous designer patterned papers and most important of all - Friends!)
Have a great week everyone.  I'm hoping to complete the facing page to this one in between work, but it going to be tough.
Ann xxx

9 comments:

Felicia said...

WOW this turned out wonderful!! *huggles* =0)

Becky B. said...

Great layout...and you did a terrific job of combining papers! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs! :)

Beryl K said...

This is a terrific layout Ann, and another happy memory recorded
Beryl x

Joey said...

Fabulous page and lovely pics, thanks for joining us at pollycraft. Joey x

Michelle said...

A great Layout Anne, love how you've mounted the photo's. Thanks for your lovely recent comments
x Michelle

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

What a beautiful layout! I love your title tag! I hope you'll join us again at Frosted Designs!

Lydia said...

Love that background paper!! I think you have done wonderful with both the sketch and the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

Unknown said...

What great patterns- I love the button used as an "i" in your title- so creative! Thx for joining us @ FD!!

Fern said...

Wonderful layout!! Love the papers and tag!!! So glad you could use both of our challenges over at Frosted Designs!! Hugs

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.