Sunday, 17 January 2016

Baby - Una bimba...


It's ages since I played around with the dictionary I started after spotting a group on Facebook who were altering dictionary pages just for fun, but when I saw the new challenge at the Craft Barn it seemed like a really good time to start again.  
My dictionary is an English/Italian one so at the same time as playing I can learn some Italian words!
This time the challenge is to illustrate the letter 'B' so I chose to illustrate the word 'baby'.  To create my pages about 'b' I used a clear stamp set with lots of different baby type images on and stamped them across the two pages.  Then I coloured each of them with Spectrum Noir pencils.  
Great fun to do and really relaxing.  What better way to spend a very cold Sunday in January.
Annie xxx

13 comments:

~ginny said...

Annie - that is so stinkin' cute! What a great project - and I love that the color is so transparent that everything is still readable.
~ginny
RubberMAD

Julia said...

How lovely to learn some Italian words at the same time as doing a dictionary challenge. The images on your page are coloured beautifully.
Thank you for your comment on my attempt at a dictionary page, much appreciated.
Julia

Crafty Claire said...

Bellissima! A really cute page. I love the way the text shows through the colouring xx

Scrapmate said...

What a sweet dictionary that is and I love your first page in it. Great colouring!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

What a fabulous idea...love it!
Hugs Shell xx

Laura said...

Aw, this is so sweet!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This looks like a super dictionary to use for the Craft Barn challenge, and a really wonderful start, too. I envy your stamping and coloring abilities. They are really superb. I look forward to seeing how this dictionary progresses.

Lou said...

What a sweet page, beautifully stamped and coloured. I sat in on ten weeks of Italian lessons once. The only word I have remembered is la principessa! (I'll let you look it up!!) Lou x

An Occasional Genius said...

What a super idea, I really like this idea and the fact that you can still read the words through the images x

gardenpinks said...

What a lovely little dictionary and a great start too. Loved the images and colouring x

thassos456 said...

Such a cute page, love the idea of using the dictionary pages as background :)

buterfliecrafter said...

This is so cute. I also did some coloring past Saturday while taking care of my sick son.

maggie said...

Beautiful colouring and a great start to the 2016 challenge.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.