Wednesday, 20 August 2008

Cold as ice...



This is the challenge at http://magnoliachallengeblog.blogspot.com/. Having stayed at Irene's last weekend I have been converted into a cuttlebug fanatic and wanted to use my cuttlebug snowflake folder for this challenge. I also wanted the snowflake effect to go completely around the card and decided to use an acetate base card and wrap the snowflakes around it.

The stamp is Tilda (with bird) but she always seems to end up holding something else!!

As you can see in this photo I attached the blue inner to the inside of the acetate so that a blue border was created on the front of the card, but also it meant that all DST was sandwiched between the two layers.
I will be putting a inner with a christmas verse in when I know who I am sending the card to.
The last photo shows the back of the card which I finished off to match the front.
Please excuse the photos - acetate cards are really hard to get pictures off without getting the reflection of the camera in the shot.
And also excuse the layout the more I try to get the photos in the correct position the more wappy the blog posting becomes!!
Whoops Tilda has brown hair and shoes - oh well perhaps nobody will notice!

9 comments:

LizzyWizzy said...

Love the card!
Nice idea to use acetate this way and lovely Tilda, really cool! :-)

Irene said...

Ann

What can I say but STUNNING !!!!!!!!! I love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

carolann said...

Wow this is a absolutely stunning card well done hun xxxx

MinnaK. said...

WoW, fabulous card!!

Chrissie said...

What a wonderful card Ann, I love the whole layout of this (as well as sweet Tilda of course).

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This card is amazing!! Lucky person who receives it.
Thanks for your kind comment on my blog
Sandra xx

Heather said...

This card is stunning Anne, very cleverly done.
Heather xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Love this card - stunning and original!

tiggertastic said...

WOW your cards are just stunning, i love the fairy card, using the acetate make it look so pretty.

Sarah x

(p.s Thank you for my blog candy, Can't wait to get using all the wonderful tags.).

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.