Thursday, 6 November 2008

Hand drawn element + sketch...

The challenge at http://artygirlzchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ is to use a hand drawn element in your design and it doesn't have to be something elaborate which is perhaps as well in my case!!

I had already started work on this fantastic sketch at http://cutie-sunday.blogspot.com/ and really needed to make my green layer on the card match the rest of the papers.

Using a black marker I drew the irregular square on to the green paper to match the cream layer and then used a fine tipped pen to draw the stitching line all the way round. I was really pleased when my daughter thought the paper was already made that way - yeah it must be a good match.
The green bauble is a clear stamp by a company called Stamptivity and is stamped on to the green paper, cut out and then topped with a bow. All the other images and main frame were cut from papers in my stash which I believe were originally from the English Paper Company.
Materials used:
  • white base card
  • papers from stash
  • clear stamp by Stampivity
  • green organza ribbon
  • black card

16 comments:

*Arwen* said...

What a cute card - I love it - it's so great. Thanks for taking part.
xoxo Arwen

Anonymous said...

a wonderful card!
thanks for playing this week!

Hugs
Tina

Kim Dellow said...

Oh this is wonderful I love what you have done with the card. The design is just fab. Kim

Chrissie said...

Your card looks great Ann, well done on the hand drawing.

Deborah March said...

WOW! What a GREAT card! You're a "natural" with hand drawn elements!

Anonymous said...

wow what a wonderful card, i love it.
thanks you join cuti sunday.
hugs nadine

Ann Whitfield said...

Fabulous card Ann!
Ann x

Irene said...

Great Card Ann,
luv
irene
xxxx

Crissi Harvey said...

wonderful card Ann love your doodling you have done a great job matching up the pattern.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.
crissi xx

Max said...

They are indeed EPC papers and you have matched your doodling to them perfectly ... what a clever lass!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Mrs Wonka said...

What a great card! With fab hand drawn elements

mrs W x

Heather said...

Gorgeous card and brilliantly done,
what patience you have.
Heather xx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is fabulous you married the two challenges up beautifully!

Claire said...

Great card, I love all the hand drawn stitching details.

Claire

Julie Allain said...

Fantastic card Ann

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xx

Cheri said...

Wonderful card, Ann! I really like the doodled ornament and your color choices. The Paper Freak.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.