Both my daughters love special notebooks and quite a while ago I bought two plain note books with the intention of altering them into something a little bit special as stocking fillers for Christmas. My intentions are good, in that I bought them ages ago, but only today actually got round to changing them. I used fairy stamps by Joanna Sheen stamped on to white card and then embellished the images with gems from my stash.
I love silhouettes and these fairy ones are especially nice as they lend themselves to having gems or glitter added so easily.
I used ribbons to make page markers and added fairy charms to the ends to give the ribbon weight to hold it in place. As the challenge at http://www.dutchdare-cardchallenges.blogspot.com/ is to use a charm I am entering my books for that challenge.
The inner page of each book is stamped with a quote from a clear set of stamps by Cloud Nine designs...
As anyone with grown up daughters will know it's a very true saying!
Having said that there are times when I so wish they were back in their frilly dresses!!!

4 comments:
Oh Ann. Totally goregous! I so love how you added the charms. The quote is lovely indeed. I cannot get to grips with the sillouette stamps, have 1 set but just not talented enough to be able to get it too look right! I still have my DD notebook to alter, to go with her new pink leather briefcase - been chasing my tail today with crafting, may have to do a IOU with the notebook.
Carole x
Gorgouea notebooks.
I love the pretty images and sentiments on the inside.
Thanks for joining the DDCC.
xoxo karin
Hi Ann, As you know I don't look at blogs very much but after posting message on C.A. I took a look at the criss cross cards and the sillouette booklets you made. They are out of this world. I have the sillouette CD but never attempted to try it. After Christmas, all being well, I think I will have to start using my cuttlebug for backgrounds and try out some of the C.D's I have never used. All the C. cards will be out of the way so I won't have them to use as an excuse for NOT trying :-)
Joyce xx (C.A.)
How wonderful and what a precious gift to keep!
Post a Comment