Thursday, 29 January 2009

Lady in Black...

Obviously I had already completed my card for the challenge at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/ , but when I saw this fabulous deep red embossed card at my favourite market stall yesterday I couldn't resist it.

The card was just perfect to use for distressing. One side of the card is coated in a very deep burgandy shade of red with very detailed embossing. On the reverse the card is a soft 'cardboard' colour and this runs right through the card meaning that when you sand it the 'cardboard' shade pops out.
As the embossing is a almost a minature version of the Diving Swirls embossing folder I thought they would work very well together.
The image of the lady in black is from the Fashion Boutique CD by Joanna Sheen, which is one of my all time favourites - although they are all good.
To draw the design and colours together I used the reverse of the card for matting and layering and for the inner of the little tag which has black organza ribbon running through it.
Distressing your finished Cuttlebug embossing by sanding it really does make the design pop out and it's great fun. Do have a look at the examples by other members of the Cuttlebug Design team and give it a go.

9 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Ann, this is stunning!
The embossings work great together to give this a rich look...that image and deep red color are gorgeous!
Blessings, Maria
I rec'd my Cuttlebug tree die yesterday, yeah...I can't wait to use it, thank you!!!!

Ann Whitfield said...

A gorgeous card Ann
Ann x

Anne said...

Gorgeous Ann, love the whole card and that image fits the bill perfectly. x

Linda said...

OOOHHH, I love this card. I am going to have try to case it. I have a vintage lady stamp that might do very nicely. Thanks for the inspriration.

tiggertastic said...

my goodness this is amazing, such a lovely texture to your make

Sarah x

Beryl K said...

Beautiful Ann, rich, elegant and classy
Beryl x

Max said...

Another stunner Ann. Your card has 'class' written all over it ... and I don't mean the kind with pupils in LOL.
I think you're getting kind've good at this cardmaking malarky *wink*

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Irene said...

Oh Ann Wow, this is wonderful.

luv
irene
xxxx

Chrissie said...

I just love this to pieces Ann! Exactly my style of card and one of my all time favourite images (I use this one so much!)
I have to admit this is my most used CD, I adore nearly all of the images on it.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.