Friday, 13 February 2009

Anniversary Card...

Just a very simple anniversary card to have in my box of cards ready for when I need a card fast. The paper I've used is one from the Laura Ashley collection and I have overlaid it with vellum to soften the centre of the design.

The heart is a gold peel off stuck on to vellum and attached to the card with tiny sticky pads hidden under larger sections of gold on the peel off.

My card is for the ABC Challenge where they are starting the alphabet again from the very begining. This week we are on A for Anniversaries.

This challenge is great fun and if you haven't joined in before do have a look. Each week the team choose a theme to accompany the next letter of the alphabet. Last time I missed the beginning of the alphabet and odd ones in between, but this time I'm setting myself a personal challenge to try and take part in the whole alphabet.

Hope I don't regret saying this !!! Knowing my luck the theme for B next week will be something really tricky like errrrrrrrrrrrr bondage or battleships!! Wish me luck.

12 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

beautiful card

thanks for joining us this week on ABC

Hugs Jane x

Irene said...

Ann, this is stunning I love it.
It's so elegant. You make fantastic things with peeloffs.

luv
iene
xxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous card Ann, but I'm starting to worry about where your imagination is taking you! Bondage? Battleships? Maybe it'll be baby oil.....lol! (Silly private joke for anyone else reading this lol!)
Ann x

Elaine ♥ said...

Very pretty Ann.. a clever use of peel offs :)

Elaine x

Beryl K said...

It might have been a quick card Ann, but it certainly packs a punch. It's lovely
Beryl x

Max said...

At the risk of sounding like a broken record ... it's GOR...JUSS!

Hope B isn't for 'Bottoms' especially as bondage and baby oil has already been mentioned LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and so elegant.

Heather said...

Beautiful - so simple and so elegant with the papers complimenting the design perfectly.
hugs Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the more simple something is the more beautiful it is. I think that is definitely the case with your card. So simple and elegant!

~Michelle

Cathy said...

This is so elegant, a stunning card. I hope you do get to play along with us every week for this alphabet!
Thank youfor joining in the ABC challenge this week.
Cathy xx

Ali Watson said...

this is very pretty, just love it. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

PixieHouse Creations said...

Ohh Ann i love this card hunni,i wass just going through your blog looking for ideas lol and spotted this one,isnt it stunning,wish i had that gold peel off heart it is gorgeous
,if i do follow one of your design card i will make sure you defo get a mention ok as your cards are amazing
wendy xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.