Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Windows...

I'm still not feeling too good. The ordinary cold I had turned into something far more nasty and led to me spending most of the weekend in bed. Even now I don't feel great so please don't come too close as I don't want anyone catching anything!

I've been working on this card for about 4 days. Everytime I've felt a little bit better I've done something to it - usually something that has meant starting again! Isn't funny how when you are not well the craft knife slips - the painting water spills - the ... well you know what I mean we've all been there.


I made the card using two stamps from Art Impressions. One is a window which I have used for the front of the card and the other is a view of a garden with the most wonderful sentiment written around it.

'Treasured friends like you bloom in the garden of my heart'

If I remember rightly Art Impressions do a whole series of scenes that you can add to your collection but I only have this one.






I particularly wanted to use acetate for this card to emphasise the window aspect, but it did bring some problems. I usually cover any DST by attaching card to both sides of the acetate, but of course if I had done that the window would not have been 'see through'.

The only way I could think to get round this fairly neatly was to cut a square out around the window area, which I did. The remaining space left me enough room to write a message to the friend I am sending my card to.




My card is just in time for the challenge at http://rainbowladyschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ where this week (surprise - surprise) Cynthia has set a theme of windows.

10 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

First Ann I hope you will soon feel better here are some hugs ((())) for you.
I love these stamps and have quite a few myself, so naturally I love this card. Very pretty.
Thanks for playing whilst you were sick Love Cynthia x

Ann Whitfield said...

Ooh Ann this is fabulous! I do hope you feel better soon, we miss you
Ann x

Irene said...

Ann, your card is gorgeous, I love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Elaine ♥ said...

This is beautiful Ann... so sorry to hear you re feeling poorly, I hope you feel much better soon :)

Elaine x

Chrissie said...

I just love what you've done with this card Ann, I'm sure whoever receives it will be thrilled.
I'm so sorry to hear you've been 'through the mill' lately and I hope you feel better very soon.

Beryl K said...

It's a really beautiful card Ann, I do hope you start feeling better soon.
Beryl x

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Ann, with all these lovely comments, I hope you smile and know how much we all care!!!
Though I must say...crafting while sick seems to become you!! LOL
This is down right gorgeous...I wouldn't even tackle this on a good day! The images are beautiful and I appreciate how you resolved the issue of not covering the back of the front! :) Take care!!!!!
Blessings, Maria

Victoria said...

Hi Ann
Hope you are feeling better - we are starting the ABC Challenge from A again next week but with different theme's to the first time round. hugs Vicky x

Heather said...

This is gorgeous Ann - a wonderful creation, very cleverly thought out.
Hope you're feeling better - I had the 'dreaded lurgy' last week and I'm still snuffling, and not able to work at full capacity (whatever that is).
hugs Heather xx

Max said...

You can't keep a good crafter down eh Ann?
Love your card and the quote is just wonderful.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.