I think this maybe my very last Easter card. It's one I've made for a very special Auntie and one who reached her 90th birthday last summer. Cutie cards are not really her thing so for her card I chose an image and matching backing paper from the CD The Cardmaker's Year by Joanna Sheen.I like to soften the backing papers from these CDs by overlaying them with vellum attached with brads. Making the piece of vellum smaller than the backing paper allows just a small part of the bright pattern to show in full while the rest is subdued by the vellum.
The tiny flower on the tag is made by using a heart punch and folding the hearts slightly to give them depth. I saw this done on some beautiful wedding cards in the Crafts Beautiful magazine this month and had to try it out.
My card is also for the challenges at...
Tanda Teasers where the challenge is to use vellum and the ABC challenge which this week is focussing on the letter H for Hearts.
11 comments:
Hello Ann
What can I say but WOW, gorgeous, stunning and so elegant. I am sure your Aunty will love it.
luv
irene
xxxx
Absolutely fabulous Ann, your aunt will fall in love with this for sure
Beryl x
Absolutely beautiful Irene - your Auntie will love this
Ann x
Sorry Ann - I do know your name honestly.......it's all Irene's fault for being the first to comment!! (Am I getting away with this? Thought not.......I'll just stick with the apology!
Ann x
great job
thanks for joining us on ABC :)
Hugs Jane x
Ann Thank-you so much for your comment... I love that ribbon I used, I found it at Michaels.. I was picking up ribbon left and right.. lol
by the way, I LOVE this card... Purple is one of my favorite colors, especially lavendar..
Hugs, Christina
I'm sure your Aunt will love this card. It's nice to see a traditional design amongst all our cuties.
Beryl xx
Lovely card Ann, vellum gives such a subtle feel to a card....thanks for joining in with the tanda challenge
Sue
x
Hi Ann!
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!
JS images and papers are just so beautiful and you did an awesome job turning them into a gorgeous creation! Well done!
Blessings, Maria
Beautiful, so classic and elegant - perfect for a 90 yr old Aunt.
Such beautiful colours and image.
hugs Heather xx
This is so pretty Ann, perfect for the occaision.....she will love it i'm sure :)
Hugs
carol x
Post a Comment