Sunday, 17 May 2009

Monograms and Letters...

Monday again - oh gosh the weeks just fly by and of course Monday means that we have a new challenge over at the Pink Elephant. This week we are focusing on Monograms and Letters.

For one of my projects I decided to make a book mark. The initial stamp I used is one of four letters on a cube stamp I bought some time ago on ebay. I'm not really sure of the maker, but it is a beautiful design with the letter A entwined with an amaryllus flower.

My second project is something I have been wanting to do for sometime. It's a card to send to one of the children on Post Pals. If you haven't heard of this then do click on the 'Make a child smile' banner in my side bar. It is a very worthwhile organisation.

As you may have guessed my card is for a boy called Tom. I used my Cricut to cut out a large letter T tree and some leaves and then decorated the tree with animals from a Hero Arts clear stamp set.

I bought 3 small craft sets in a sale at Tesco last week and now I just need to make cards for Tom's sister and brother so that I can get the things sent off.

I hope my card and gift will bring smiles to the family, like many of the children on Post Pals they have a lot to contend with and it does help to lift spirits a little when the postman delivers something fun.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are absolutely fabulous Ann
Ann x

Bex said...

Love that card for Tom, so cute! The little animals are so adorable!

Chrissie said...

Ann, these are just stunning. I love the bookmark, so classy, and the card is great fun... very cheeky monkeys!
Your work is going from strength to strength... love it!
Chrissie

Max said...

Your bookmark is very elegant Anne and would make a super gift.
I am really keen to get back to joining in TPE challenges so maybe this week? Fingers crossed I can find some time.

Love your cute card for Tom ... will need to check out the Post Pals link and it may spur me on to make something and brighten up a 'littlies' day. What greater pleasure is there than to make a child smile?

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Carol said...

Great projects Ann, i never thought of the bookmark idea! and the card is gorgeous.....might have to make a similar one, if you don't mind :)

Hugs
Carol x

Carol said...

Great projects Ann, i never thought of the bookmark idea! and the card is gorgeous.....might have to make a similar one, if you don't mind :)

Hugs
Carol x

Irene said...

Hello Ann,

Yes it's me saying hello from North Yorkshire.

owwwwwwwwwwwww I love these they are gorgeous.

PS will be watching you ?????

luv
irene
xxxx

dragonflyjoy said...

Both card and bookmark are lovely Ann. I am hoping to get a card made this afternoon but then again may do some cross stitch instead. Weather is dreadful so cannot get out the garden to do anything.
Don't know if you got my email, sent it last week.
Hope you are well

love
Joyce xx

Beryl said...

Two really great pieces of work and both so different. The bookmark is amazing and the card for Tom is such a fun card.
Beryl xx

Trudi said...

These are fabulous Ann and what a fun kids card. Im gonna have to check that link out later.

Unknown said...

That animal card is so stinkin' cute! LOVE the bookmark, too, Ann!! Very classy.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.