Wednesday, 17 June 2009

Today is the present...

and we really must appreciate it for being the gift it is.

This card is a little 'anytime' card for my daughter who love quotations as much as I do. As you know she also loves pink so of course the pink polka dots had to sneak in on the act too.

I used the Bow Frame cuttlebug embossing folder, that has been lurking unused in my storage box for some time, as a basis to build the rest of the design on.


I wanted the embossed present to have more oomph about it so I cut a pink polka dot square out and then added black pearls to the polka dot pattern to give extra dimension.
The quote is by Clarity stamps, but it is one bought in a job lot on ebay and I think the letter 's' in the 'is the' part is slightly faulty as no matter how hard I tried it would not stamp perfectly. That will teach me to get things cheap!!
Challenges:

Materials:

  • Quotation stamp by Clarity Stamps
  • Bow Frame Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Card, ribbon and gems from stash

17 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Oh Wow, your card is amazing, gorgeous and just perfect for Laura.

luv
irene
xxxx

pinky said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, love the quote, your daughter will love it I sure. Love pink and black together.
Pinky

Anonymous said...

fabulous card !!! love it !!
thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
swf-team

Torico said...

So cute card! Your idea about the black pearl is fab!

torico XX

Rita said...

This card looks so elegant Ann, I too have this clarity stamp and use it lots of times on cards. The pink and black to-gether make it so rich. Hugs Rita xxx

Joey said...

Hiya Ann

I didnt count white as a colour in my dt creation,your card is gorgeous, so fresh and clean, I love the dots on the present, and the sentiment verse is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.

Joey.xxx

Nicola said...

Wowee Ann your card is absolutely stunning. Loving your colour combo and this quote is lovely. Those black pearls are such a stunning detail.
Thank you for playing along with the Creative Card Crew this week.
Nicola -x-

Beryl said...

That's a lovely sentiment and one I shall try to remember when things don't seem that bright.Like the card too.
Beryl xx

Sandra said...

Hi Ann...gorgeous card,so classy looking,love the embossing and the quote...thanks for joining us this week at SWF,
Take care
San x

Unknown said...

Such a cool way to use the embossing folder, Ann! You're so clever! LOVE the pink & black.

Maria Matter said...

This is wonderful Ann! You are just so dang creative!!!

And you're right, each day is a gift!
Blessings, Maria

June Nelson said...

Hello Ann, thank you ever so much for visitng my blog and leaving me such alovely comment, I love this present card, what a wonderful idea, I shall be returning on a regular basis to see what you have created, they are all gorgeous, love and huggies June xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Ann - very clean and elegant in fact, I'd go so far as to say perfect!
Ann x

Anonymous said...

oh wow this is beautiful. I just love the quote. Thank you for popping over to my blog x

Chrissie said...

I really like this card Ann. I've had this folder forever and never managed to make a card with it. Thanks for the inspiration, I must try something similar if you don't mind. I've always loved dots!
Chrissie

Lynne in NI said...

Such a pretty card - love the embossed gift

Tasha said...

Wow beautiful card - that sentiment is just wondergul - i love the polka dot paper and the lovely fresh feel to this card. I dont think the white is a problem - both Joey and i used white as our base card! - the main card is pink and black thats what counts
Thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
love tasha xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.