Tuesday, 4 August 2009

Baby's First Christmas...

This is another of the samples I did for Joanna Sheen's new range of Messy Rabbit Nativity stamps. It was the one they held up right at the beginning of the show on Create and Craft. I was so excited I nearly fell off the end of the chair!

I had sort of prepared myself for the fact that my cards probably wouldn't be shown and it came as a shock to see one right at the very beginning like that. The best kind of shock and I do wonder if Joanna fixed it knowing how excited I would be. I wouldn't be surprised as she is such a warm hearted, caring person.

The card is a large 8" x8" with the Messy Rabbit in his sheep costume in the middle and surrounded by a sparkly ribbon frame, which if I remember rightly was a technique I picked up at the Next Level. Such a shame that the Next Level has stopped - it was an amazing challenge blog.

Messy was coloured using Promarkers and I added a touch of bling to the corners.

9 comments:

Anne said...

Wow Ann, congrats on your card being shown on C&C - and being the first one to boot. It's a beautiful card, well done! xx

Elaine ♥ said...

Awww Ann, this is gorgeous, love your ribbon frame and Rabbit is sooo cute.. love it!

Elaine x

Irene said...

Hello Ann

A fabulous card, no wonder Joanna chose you for the DT. Love the ribbon around the card.

luv
irene
xxxx

Evelin said...

Hey Ann, thanks for dropping by my blog :) I love your card! SO sweet!

Sheri Gilson said...

Super sweet card Ann!! Love the sparkle ribbob frame.

camcraft said...

Yay!!! Fame at last Ann :-) Sadly I don't watch any of the crafty slots on the shopping channels, well don't watch any shopping channels at all. Superb Card!!!! I guess you used the ribbon border technique on 'The Next Level' Blog which sadly has had to suspend any more postings due to ill health.
Carole x

Beryl said...

Fab card Ann. I can see why Joanna made sure it was seen.
Beryl xx

LORi said...

Oh Ann!!! This is adorable!! You are so very talented!! A great addition to the JS Team!!!

Hugs~ LORi

Rleen said...

WOW! Ann, this is gorgeous! I love the cute image and the ribbon. TFS!

Hugs,
Arlene

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.