Monday, 10 August 2009

Happy Birthday Tony...

Yeah as well as being Pink Elephant day it's my friend Irene's husband's birthday today too!

Good job the challenge at the Pink Elephant this week is ...

turquoise - brown and neutral

LOL - some colour combinations might not have been quite so suitable!!

Think this ought to be called a 'gadget' card as I've used so many machines on it - Cuttlebug folders - Swiss Dots and the Happy Birthday one and my Cricut to do the star shapes and the lettering.

I used a sketch from my collection and I think this one was a Mojo Monday one from way back. I really love their sketches and use them over and over again. I've added a patch of vellum over the words paper on the left hand side.

I love vellum over writing - it softens it beautifully and makes a great contrast (well not so much in the photo but in real life it does) between the vellum covered and the not covered paper.

13 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Great birthday card!! Love all the texture.

camcraft said...

Oooh .. Fabby 'gadget' Card :-)Adding the vellum .. great idea as adds another interest/texture. Fabulous colours. I am sure Irene's DH is going to love his card :-)
Carole x

dragonflyjoy said...

Lovely card Ann. Colours compliment each other really well. Sure Tony will love it.

love
Joyce xx

Unknown said...

Great idea to make a man card, Ann! Love it. :)

Ann said...

Such a great guy card!

Nancy said...

omgosh...I just realized that I used the same embossing folder as you...I love how you trimmed it down. I always have a hard time with the ones with words. Your card is just so fun and cute.

Michelle said...

Ann, I love this! What a great inspiration!

xoxo,
Michelle
http://imagdesigns.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

So pleased to have you back with us Ann and this is such a lovely card for your 'comeback'
Ann x

Carol said...

Great card for a man, and very clever use of your gadgets....where would we be without them :)

Hugs
Carol x

Stephanie said...

What a fantastic card - so many fab elements & perfect for a man! Hugs, Steph xxx

Robin said...

Hey Ann! I love your 'gadget' card! lol

Max said...

How come you're so bloomin' clever managing to use so many gadgets and put them together so well ... huh??
I bet Tony loved his card ... it's perfect.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Irene said...

Fabby card Ann, Tony was thrilled to receive it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.