and we had a fabulous time. Such beautiful towns and harbours. The houses in both Rouen and Honfleur are just amazing buildings - sooooooo pretty and very unusual.
In all the excitement of getting ready to go away I forgot to schedule my Pink Elephant work. This week our challenge is 'Back to School' - so do check it out.

For my contribution I did two laminated pencil control sheets, which would make a great little game for any 'just starting nursery' three year old. Unfortunately my photo is horrendous as the laminating has caused glare, but I think you will get the idea.
The 'little one' uses a whiteboard erasable marker and starting at the cat uses the pen to trace along the dotted line to the mouse in the first one and to the food in the second. It's good fun and really helps young children to learn to control a pencil while also training their eyes to move from left to right as we do when reading.
As the card is laminated the pen can be wiped off and used again and again. It's nice to have one for the child to keep too so these could be scanned and printed out to be used with normal crayons.
I think the cat and accessory stamps I used are by Woodware and are from a clear set with lots of little extras such as a paw print, fish, etc.
7 comments:
Hi Ann, so glad you had a wonderful time. Love your idea for the little ones beginning school - you're forgiven for not scheduling your post!!! Hugs x
Hi Ann!! Adorable project!! Looks like you had a wonderful time!!
Glad you had a great time Ann and got back safely. The picture looks wonderful, the colours are beautiful. I like your new project too and think it will be used a lot. Hugs Rita xxx
What a lovely photo of you and your daughter in such beautiful surroundings!! Looks like you were having such a wonderful time! Love what you created...just adorable!!
xoxo
Carol Anne
p.s. I would love it if you would stop by my blog, I'm having a giveaway.
Hi Ann - good to see you back and know that you had a fab holiday.
How many times did you test run your creations. Anyway you should know better than try and photograph shiny stuff (lol). Although I have to admit you are the "Queen" of photographing acetate - lessons please!!.
Fab creation - I wanna play.
hugs Heather xx
Hi Ann, Glad you had a good time. What a clever idea this project of yours. I wondered what a 'pencil control sheet' was at first. My how things have moved on since my lot went to school.
Beryl xx
So happy you had a wonderful time Ann!! Your daughter is so pretty!! That is a great photo!!!
You Back 2 School project is very clever and too cute!!
HUGs ~ LORi
Post a Comment