Friday, 23 October 2009

Happy Birthday Tony...


Yeah - it's Shelley's boyfriend's birthday and here's the card I made for Shelley to send him.

I bought the clear set of 'rock' themed stamps by Inkadinkadoo about 2 months ago special for the occasion, but guess when I started the card - yep yesterday!! Why can't I be more organised?

Ah well knowing me if I had made it early I would have put it in a safe place and wouldn't be able to find it anyway!

The guitar image - how cool is that - was stamped onto acetate and then attached to silver mirri card using brads. I added some gems to 'bling' it up a bit - why should men always have such flat cards? With the 'You Rock' sentiment I stamped straight on to the silver. The stars were cut on my cricut and embellished with silver star brads.

The black with silver birthday sentiments is by Kanban and I'm not entirely happy with it as I would have preferred something more funky to go with the theme, but it was the best I could do in my mad scramble.

Hoping Tony's card will count for the following challenges...

La-La Land Crafts - glitter and bling (loads of mirri shine on this and a touch of bling too)
Paper Play Challenges - favourite embellishments (the new glitter border peel offs by Papermania are just gorgeous and clear gems are always on my cards somewhere).

Have a great weekend everyone. I'm going to a Sheena Douglas work shop tomorrow and I am just so excited. See you on Monday for The Pink Elephant challenge and Tony's other card.

23 comments:

Max said...

Fan - bloomin' - tastic !!
Love it ... LOVE it ... LOVE IT!! And so will Tony.
Have fun at your workshop tomorrow. I'm hoping Irene will be feeling better so we can still go to her workshop - bet you won't be having home baked bread and scones like us though LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

dragonflyjoy said...

What an unusual card Ann. Just right for a young man. I've never tried stamping on acetate but did try using peel offs on some on Wednesday and then coloured them in. Nothing exciting but another C. card to add to the pile.
Hope Shelley's boyfriend likes his card which I'm sure he will.
love
Joyce xx

Chrissie said...

Love, love, love this Ann!!
Perfect card for a young man and how hard are they to cater for?

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Ann, stunning I love it.
Enjoy your day with Sheena
Beryl x

Unknown said...

Fantastic black and white card! LOVE it! Awesome LO as well. Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land Crafts!

Irene said...

Hello Ann

I thought I had posted on this, must be the old grey cells not working !!!!

Fantastic card, Tony will be thrilled.

luv
irene
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Great card Ann. Have a great day tomorrow. See I even know how to leave comments now! tess x

Beryl said...

Gosh Ann, I wish I had a brain like yours. You come up with some brilliant ideas. This card is terrific. Have a great weekend and say 'Hello' to Sheena for me please.
Beryl xx

Donna said...

Amazing card Ann, the black and white colour combo is so elegant, fab guitar image too :) Donna x

camcraft said...

Wow !!!!! Totally awesome. :-)
Carole x

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Absolutely FABULOUS & FUN card Ann!! I love it and I'm sure Tony will too!!
Have a wonderful time at the work shop!
Love & Hugs, Carol Anne

Paul said...

Deffo constitutues sparkly!!! A lovely use ofsparkle for a male card and thanks for joining in with our challenge at La La Land.
TFS
Paul

Teresa Kline said...

this is fantastic....I adore the black & white.....super guy card....have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

WOW!! Ann! This card totally rocks! It's stunning! Love the image. Thank you for joining us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Sue from Oregon said...

oh so wish I had this set! What a great card...perfect for a young man..my son would love it. Thanks for joining us this week at La La Land Crafts #9!

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous masculine card Ann!! I love it!!

Tracey said...

Stunning card, I bet Tony loved it :-)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Sandra said...

Tony will LOVE it!! I bought these stamps a few weeks ago and they haven't made it out of the packaging yet! You have such impeccable taste Sweetie ;o)
Hugs
Sandra x

Maureen said...

Just stunning! Love the colors and that fab layout! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Irina Blount said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Love the sparkle!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Irina Blount said...

Ann, please come back to La-La Land Crafts blog.. there is something there for you!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

Julie M said...

Great card, Ann. The guitar against the silver is so effective. Perfect for a guy.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Ann - but I'm just as impressed with the photo! All that mirri card and it still looks silver!! I think you'll have to give me some lessons :)

Ann x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.