Friday, 20 November 2009

Have a hoot at Christmas...

Here's Hoot the owl from the Joanna Sheen 'Hoot' collection of stamps flying in again. This time my card was for a swap on a forum I belong to and I know my forum friend has received her card so it's quite safe to show it here.

Hoot was stamped, coloured and then cut away from his candy cane so that he could perch on the snowy fence which is part of some rather useful background card by Kanban. I cut a slit at either side of one of the fence panels so that I could hang the Christmas message on real chain.

Ultra fine glitter tops off the fencing and Hoot's Santa hat is edged with flowersoft which I've had a little craze on using this week.


Inside the card I used another stamp from the Hoot collection and added Santa hats from another cute stamp set from my stash. The sentiment is also stamped and the corners were finished off using an X-cut snowflake corner punch and then embellished with tiny clear gem stones.

Challenges:
  • Die Cut Dreams - Santa (I know this is really Hoot, but he has got a Santa hat and I'm running out of time for all the challenges I want to enter!)
  • Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Animal antics (this includes our feathery friends fortunately)
Have a fantastic weekend everyone - I may be posting over the weekend as I haven't finished my Pollycraft challenge yet (okay I'll be honest I haven't started it) and that ends on Monday - yikes!

11 comments:

Beryl K said...

Great card Ann, I'm sure your partner loved it
Beryl x

Irene said...

Fantastic card Ann, good luck digging as you never know what you may find.

luv
irene
xxxx

Chrissie said...

What a great 'fun' card Ann and I LOVE that image inside!

Rita said...

Love what youv'e done with Hoot. Makes a great card. Rita xx

Christine said...

Super card Ann, so cute, I am sure it has been well received by your swap partner.
Hugs
Christine xx

dragonflyjoy said...

Another cute owl card Ann. I think hanging the sign on the fence is a fantastic idea. It looks great.
The inside of the card is as good as the front. What a perfectionist you are my friend. Well done.
love
Joyce xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Ann!! I just love this little guy!! You did a wonderful job inside & out!!

Beryl said...

Another great Hoot card and I'm so impressed with your attention to detail - ie. the hat falling off the upside down owl. Now I'm sure I wouldn't have thought of that. Dead clever.
Beryl xx

Vicki G said...

What a beautiful card Ann. I LOVE the owls!!!!

Hugs

Vicki

Angela Toucan said...

that's a lovely card

Enfys said...

This is fantastic Ann, I love that fence, must look around for that when I get home to the UK. Have a lovely weekend,
luv
En x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.