Monday, 11 January 2010

Another Joanna sample and a huge moan!...

It's cold with no heating!!!

Okay moan over and on to my card which of all the samples I've done was one of the easiest to make.  I picked up the original idea on the Sheena Douglas course I went on and then adapted it to suit.  It works really well for cute images too and on the plus side you don't need extra thick acetate as the concertinered card at the base supports the weight.


As you can see in the photo the base is made by folding card of the correct width up to make hills and valleys. I used a piece of A4 card cut down to 6" along the length and then scored to make a 1" hill, a 1.5" hill, a 2" hill and lastly a 1" hill to attach the acetate to at the rear of the card.

I thought the card would a fun one for Dad's out there, but actually I think little boys would love it too.  I must admit I wanted to stamp birds onto the acetate - you know how you get birds following the tracter as it works.  Unfortunately the stamps I had of the right size were flying geese (not seen them following many tractors recently) and the birds I had were too small.  Must invest in some bigger birds cause they would have looked great. 

My card is for the following challenges...
Have a fabulous day everyone and don't forget The Pink Elephant this week - the challenge is BIRTHDAYS.  I've had some time out this week but what a great fun theme it is and it's being sponsored by Kraftin Kimmie so do check out what's on offer over there and the work by my amazing team mates.
Ann xxx

21 comments:

brenda said...

No heating Anne, oh goodness........

Lucky you to go on a Sheena course, she is so inspirational isnt she. And what a great card you have made here.

B x

Beryl said...

Not fed up with seeing your new stash Ann. Just envious. At least with your help the acetate producers should do well during this recession. It's a brilliant card - the acetate on the front is a great idea.
Hope you've found a man to come and sort you out (heating wise I mean).
Beryl xx

Ann Whitfield said...

Well said Beryl! I'm not fed up either - keep 'em coming, I love your work! This is a fab idea, I love how the acetate protects what's inside and how the base supports the acetate. Your design is wonderful Ann. Fed up indeed!!

Ann x :o)

dragonflyjoy said...

Love the card Ann and so suitable for a number of occasions. Beautiful combination. I did look at J.S.'s site but although I love the stamp, think it is a bit expensive for the times I would use it.

By the way, never fed up with looking at your cards Ann, they are always a joy to see.

Hope you get some heating on soon although it is not so cold here today but still trying to snow.

Bye for now
love
Joyce xx

Elaine ♥ said...

Oh my no heating... what a palava.. especially now..keep crafting Ann and keep those fingers warm and toasty.

Your card today is fantastic... very different and very effective. I love it :)

Elaine x

Max said...

Brrrrrr ... hope you'r not without heat for too long, although the rate you make and create such fabby cards should keep your fingers warm at least!
Saw JS admiring this card on the video of samples and I just KNEW it was yours.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! This is AMAZING Ann!! I love it!!

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Amazing, just amazing and perfection.

luv
irene
xxxx

Marja Sch said...

Oh this is so gorgoues. So well done. Warm winter wishes MarjaS

ymcrafter said...

Ann, I wondered if that card was one of yours when watching yesterday, although the signal was not so good with the weather. I made a sketch to make a version if that is ok with you?

Yvonne

Annie said...

yes of course Yvonne - that's why I've added some measurements on here. All ideas need to be shared - as I said in my posting the original inspiration came from Sheena Douglas.

Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is such a gorgeous creation!! I love how you've put this together!!

Rosietoes said...

I saw this sample on Joanna's video on her site and loved it there - now I can see it properly it's even better.
Edna x
Hope your heating is fixed really soon. Brrrr!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Ann this is fantastic I have never seen this style before I hope you don't mind if I use this design my self....I think you have done a really brilliant job here thank you so much for sharing this with us at Crafty Ann's

Hugs
Lorraine x

Beryl K said...

Could never be fed up with your new stuff Ann. This card is stunning, I loved it when I saw Joanna show it yesterday. I bet you were dead chuffed when she specifically picked out your fabby ATC
Beryl x

starcyl said...

This is one that took my eye on the show, it's a great idea and very well executed. Nobody could be fed up with you posting your things are great.

Jenny x

PixieHouse Creations said...

Yummy!! love joannas new stamps and what an excellent job youve done showing them
Love the idea of the acetate

Wendy xx

Vicki G said...

Ann, this card is STUNNING!!!! WOW!!!

Jose said...

Really gorgeous this has the WOW! factor for me.

Chrissie said...

Another stunner Ann (and I guessed this one was yours too! I think I may be spending too much time checking out your cards ha ha!)
I could never get fed up with seeing your work and thanks for popping another in the Crafty Ann challenge.
P.S. I hope you get some heat soon!

Create With Joy said...

Very cool card Ann!

Ramona :-)
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.