Thursday, 14 January 2010

Last sample card...


Another Joanna Sheen Country Life sample that wasn't actually shown on the TV programme, but one that I'm quite fond of.  I've saved some of my Christmas card images to do this with.  I think cutting up the images and reassembling could be an effective way of recycling them.  I just haven't had time or been warm enough (heating now on but for how long) to do it.


Dare I enter Crafty Ann's challenge again?  Yeah why not - I've entered nearly everyday it would be a shame to miss the last one!!
At Creative Inspirations they too have just started the theme of new so my card also fits their challenge.


Hmmmmmm NEW that reminds me - today is the last day of our recycling challenge at Bah! Humbug! so do hurry if you want to be included in the draw.  Tomorrow sees the start of our new challenge - lol - wonder what the theme will be!

12 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Ann

stunning, and a fabby idea to separate the image, love the colours.

luv
irene
xxxx

Emma said...

Hi Ann
Fantastic card and love the colour combo.
Hugs Emma x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Ann - love the cards you are creating with Joanna's new CD. Fabulous colour combination on this one, and the cutting technique you've used on the image is so effective.
Thanks for your lovely comment on my Bah!Humbug! effort. So pleased you have tried some of Betty's lovely goodies - they really are scrummy!!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful card Ann, love how you've limited the colours and the red and black look so rich and warm. It's ages since I used the technique of slicing up an image - thank you for reminding me of it - and thank you for another entry into Crafty Ann's too. I hope the new one tomorrow inspires you as much over the next fortnight, your support is much appreciated.
Ann x

Chrissie said...

This looks fabulous Ann, what a great idea it has such impact like this and I LOVE these papers (as you know!)
I think it would have been rude not to enter Crafty Ann's again for the final day, so thanks for thinking of us lol!

dragonflyjoy said...

Lovely card yet again Ann. I did watch J.S's video yesterday demonstrating the new Countryside stamps. They really are lovely and so versatile. Still thinking will I or won't I.

I would have liked one with the bike, house and words on but don't think I would use the tractor very much.

As Irene said, the colours are great. I like the idea of being able to separate the images as it makes the stamp quite reasonable.

Love
Joyce xxxxxx

Sandra said...

Hello Ann,
Wow!! all your samples are amazing!!! my favourite has got to be the the acetate card with the tractor. Genius. You have inspired me.
Hugs
Sandra x

Sheri Gilson said...

Fabulous card Ann!! I love this technique!! I need to give it a try!!

Beryl said...

What a pity this one didn't get an airing on the show. It's lovely. The three panels for the image is very effective against the matting and background.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafy Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Beryl K said...

This is another stunning card Ann, I love the colour scheme, the layout and the way you have cut the image and reassembled it.
Just fabulous
Beryl x

Linda Brun said...

Stunning card..Love the colours, the papers and image are so great.
Hugs

stephanne said...

Hi Ann, it must have taken a lot of strength to cut into that image but I love the effect it creates!! Thanks for sharing with us Creative Inspirations!!
Stephanne

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.