You would not believe the time I had this morning!!! My early bus (5.30 am) did not turn up.
I spent 20 mins in a freezing cold bus shelter trying to stay calm and not think about the fact that the freezing fog was making the whole road look like a scene from 'Twilight'. I was actually doing very well at keeping calm till a bat - yes a bat flew in to the bus shelter. Now I am a wimp at the best of times but this was just pushing me too far.
For those who read my earlier post - I did shout for John, but he must have still been in bed.
Well that was it I cracked and rang for a taxi, which cost an absolute fortune, but at least I escaped the cold and arrived at work on time. It's a good thing I love my new job.
8 comments:
Oh, sweet Ann ((hugs))!!! What an ordeal! I think I would've called for the taxi, too.
A bat!!! I might have ran the whole way to work lol. Hope the bus arrives tomorrow ok.
Pinky
Oh Ann, lots and lots of sympathy from me. How horrible for you, I don't like flying things and would have cracked up as well. I hope work went well after your horrendous start and that you enjoy your week off
Beryl x
Hee hee Ann, your post did make me laugh, l was sat picturing it all in slo mo.. men... where are they when you shout them eh?!!!
What an eventful day, hope you have a relaxing evening instead hun :)
Elaine x
Oh yes, sympathy from my quarter, not overly keen on bats myself Ann....
What a bad start to the day. At least you had a phone so were able to call a taxi. You've got a week to recover now. Don't have nightmares.
Beryl xx
Hi Ann,
Oh my goodness...a bat?? I would have screamed so loud the whole neighborhood would have heard me! :) Enjoy your week off, you definitely need time away from waiting for a bus after that horrible ordeal!! :)
Oh and your pink and vellum card in your previous post is absolutely gorgeous!! It will brighten your friend's day so much!
Hugs & Love, Carol Anne
Oh dear Ann. Sympathy on it's way here and now. What a dreadful morning and at such an early hour. Must admit I don't like bats but have been fortunate not to ever have come across one live.
Any chance of you claiming for the taxi from the bus company or your job manager. After all you could have gone home and phoned to say you were not able to get there as there was no bus.
Fingers crossed that it arrives tomorrow and on time.
love and hugs
Joyce xx
Post a Comment