Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Vellum roses...

This is a card I've done for an elderly lady who has just come out of hospital.  She loves pink and vellum so I decided to stamp on to some pink shaded vellum from my stash and then emboss the image using fine white embossing powder.  The image,which is one by Elusive Images,  was stamped several times so that I could cut out sections and decoupage it.
I've also used the pink shaded vellum laid over the top of white card to create the background and done the same thing using the scalloped nestie.
The sketch is from Truly Scrumptious and unfortunately I'm rather late at entering as I believe the challenge ends today, but not to worry it's a great sketch and certainly one I will use again.
My card is also for the challenges at...
Last day at work today and the thought of that might just mean catching the bus at 5.30 this morning a little more bearable.  Then I'm off on holiday for a whole week - SQUEAL - not that I'm excited or anything.  SQUEAL!!! 
The first aid course yesterday was brilliant.  I must admit that I was dreading it as the ones I've been on before have been so boring, but the tutor for this one was really down to earth and 'real' about things.  
I feel like I could cope with most things that could happen now although I am a little worried about Carol, who I was on the course with.  She said she had enjoyed it so much that she almost felt like pushing someone under a bus on the way home so that she could try out her new skills.  I work with some strange people and I'm not talking about the ones I support either. 
Irene and Max don't worry you'll be safe in York I'm not that enthusiastic.  If you do have an accident though I know exactly what to do.  Shout for John.  He was the really clever guy in the DVD who could cope with anything.  Tee hee!
Have a great day everyone and if you do have an accident of any kind don't forget shout for John - he's brilliant.

20 comments:

Elaine ♥ said...

Oh Ann you do make me laugh.. I will remember to shout for John if l need to pmsl!!

Your card is divine, so delicate, so pretty, you are so patient!! Its gorgeous hun and the lady will sure love it!

Elaine x

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Annie, really delicate. Hugs xx

Beryl K said...

This is just stunning Ann, so classy and elegant. I am sure it will be well received. You're not looking forward to your days off are you lol
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

Such a beautiful, elegant look to this card Ann, I'm sure the recipient will love it.
Thanks for giving me a laugh about your first aid course and I'm glad you get a week's holiday next week (especially if you're making a habit of a 5.30am bus!!!!!)

dragonflyjoy said...

Beautiful card Ann and I'm sure the elderly lady it is for will be thrilled. The colours are so dainty and a lovely combination.

love
Joyce xx

Linda said...

This card is totally beautiful, the subtlety of the colour with the detailling n the vellum is sensational. Many thanks for joining in with us over on the Alphabet challenge this week :)

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! Ann, this is gorgeous!! I love the softness of the pink and the pearls!! Fabulous job!!

Annie said...

oh my! your card is just stunningly beautiful! if I get ill will you please send me one?!
hugs, annie x

LORi said...

Oh My goodness Ann...this is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! WOW!!

Beryl said...

Oh Ann - this card is beautiful - delicate and pretty - all at the same time.
Glad you enjoyed the first aid course. They sent me on one when I worked in A & E. Like they're all going to get out of the way and let me take over! Sounds like you're working with some great people. Who wants to work with stick in the muds.
Enjoy your week off.
Beryl xx

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Ann,so delicate, pretty and pink.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card! Thanks for joining us at PIO. Hugs!

Audrey said...

What an elegant card. I love the soft pink. Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Beautiful card! Very thoughtful card, I know she will love it. :)

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, I just love the soft colours. Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Helen Dooley said...

Wow what a beautiful card. that would sure make someone cheery.

Janette said...

I love this card Annie the colours are really subtle, perfect for a get well, the recipient will love it I am sure.

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Ann, such a delicate looking card. Hugs Michele x

Rosanne said...

So elegant! Thanks for Piling It On!

Victoria said...

such a pretty and delicate card, I'm sure she'll love it


Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew
Hugs
Victoria
x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.