Wow Friday again! Can't believe how quickly these weeks go by and also how wonderfully the pile of Christmas cards is growing, especially as for this week's challenge of 'embossing' I have 3 cards to share! Think it was such a joy to have a whole day off work that I got quite carried away with my self.
My first card features some embossing using a Cuttlebug Christmas folder in my Wizard machine. The Christmas paper and sentiment are from a brilliant bargain magazine I picked up at the NEC.
Card number two uses the same folder and again Core'rdinations cardstock and a sanding block to make the trees pop. However, this time I decided to use a green Sakura Glaze pen to add colour to the trees. Then before the glaze was completely dry I added glitter too. The glitter card the image is mounted on and the ribbon were both coloured with Promarker pens.
Card number three is totally different and was so much fun to make except for the glitter that seemed to get everywhere. To create this card I used a Dreamweaver brass star stencil and embossing paste. I saw this demoed at the NEC and although I have done this technique in the past I had forgotten how much fun and how effective it can be. In real life the glitter is really stunning - honest!
After a whole week of not having chance to enter any challenges my cards, as well as being for the Bah! Humbug! challenge, are also for...
- Fab's Big Christmas Card Challenge - Tone on tone - Green - Card no. 2
- Crafty Creations - Anything Goes - all three cards
- Simon Says - Distressing - sanding on embossing on cards 1 and 2
- ABC Christmas Challenge - Glitzy - Card 3



19 comments:
Hello Ann, 3 gorgeous cards!! Love your christmas trees, have seen the dreamweaver technique on TV and it looks fab!! lots of love Steph
Morning Ann
Wow what stunners they are gorgeous and fabulous.
luv
irene
xxxx
All gorgeous cards Annie, I've got some embossing paste somewhere that I'd forgotten about so thanks for the reminder
Claire xx
Absolutely stunning collection Ann - can't choose a favourite as they are all gorgeous. How on earth did you find the time to make 3 though - are you superwoman?!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Gorgeous cards Ann ! I can't pick a favourite. X Fab
Fab cards Ann. I missed the Dreamweaver stall at the NEC. That's a pain coz I love using embossing paste but only have one stencil that really does for Christmas. (You may see it soon.)
Beryl xx
Great card hun, love the simple elegance of it. Thanks for joining ABC Christmas G Challenge. Hugs, Squirrel xx
I agree with Squirrel x all three cards are stylish and elegant. :-) xx
lovely cards, thank you for visitng my blog this week
Fabulous cards Ann :-) All of them are really gorgeous ! I hope to see these things at the Ally pally next weekend ! :-)
Happy Easter :-)
thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x
A lovely collection of cards again Ann, I love the 3rd card its really cool!
thanks for playing along on the ABC Christmas challenge this time! Samantha :0)
Love all three of them Ann. I have a hit and miss with the embossing paste effect. Sometimes it is perfect as I lift the stencil other times I smudge it. Yours is super. Cathy xxxx
fabulous cards and I love the embossing! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas blog.
hugs, annie x
Three fabulous cards Ann, I love them all.
Ann x
Wow! 3 great Holiday cards! Thank you so much for playing along with the ABC Christmas Challenge. We have another fun one that started today: H for Holly with a bonus sketch. Hope you can play along again!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
ABC Christmas Challenge DT
Wonderful Cards Ann. Hugs Rita xx
Hi Ann, just found your blog & love your style of cards. I particularly like the trees embossing folder ones, unfortunately I can't find that folder anywhere, could you help please.
I don't have a blog I'm afraid so if you are able to help could you post a reply here?
Thank you, Anne
Hi Ann, just found your blog & love your style of cards. I particularly like the trees embossing folder ones, unfortunately I can't find that folder anywhere, could you help please.
I don't have a blog I'm afraid so if you are able to help could you post a reply here?
Thank you, Anne
Hi Ann, hope you received my reply, only I had real problems posting it. I didn't want you to think I hadn't responded.
Best Wishes
Anne
Post a Comment