Thursday, 13 May 2010

ooooooooops...

Completely forgot to put this on my blog last week and I do know Irene wanted to see the flowers as she very kindly stepped in and ordered the die for me and then posted it on.
Why did she have to do that?  
Well, some companies insist on making you register to buy in their online store.  Hmmm, okay in theory, but dipsticks like me create a password and weeks later can't get order anything cause they can't remember their password!
The 'forgot password' button gives no response and even a message on their contact button got me nowhere so much as I like their products I'll order elsewhere in future.
Anyway less moaning.  I love the die used to create the flower on my box.  It's one of the Marianne Ribbon Flower Sets and cuts beautifully.  Two flowers and the swirl in the set.  Just gorgeous.  When I used the flower I didn't even realise that you could put ribbon through it.  Silly me!  I will be doing that next time.  The gem brad in the middle is one of a set I bought at the NEC - yikes only four left now.  Hmmmmmm, will anyone else get one on a card/box?  They will have to be very special to qualify.  Think I like these brads more than tassels!
The box was made to hold the set of cards I made here and was a present for a non card making friend.  She was really over the moon with the gift.
Have a fab day everyone and hope to see you back for the new Bah! Humbug! challenge which starts tomorrow.

6 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Ann

Oh this is just fabulous I love it, now I may have to order the flower and swirls.

luv
irene
xxx

Beryl K said...

This is truly beautiful Ann, I am not surprised your friend loved them. I've got one set of those flower dies, looks like I might need some more :)
Beryl x

dragonflyjoy said...

Lovely card Ann especially like the swirls although I like everything about it. I have decided not to buy any more card making craft stuff no matter how much I want it because I am just not making cards at all. Will probably start getting rid of a lot of the stuff I have but then if the "urge" returns I will be kicking myself for doing this. :-(

I used to have trouble remembering passwords but then found a little book hanging around the house and now write the name of the site and password in it so no excuses for not remembering them.

Take care
love
Joyce xx

Max said...

Oh yessssssssssss Ann ... what a really elegant and classy gift for your friend. No wonder she was chuffed. The flower and flourishes are a stunning addition to your box even without the ribbon ... ermmm have to state the obvious and say the clue is in the name. Y'know - "RIBBON" Flower sets LOL!
I love those gem brads so much I've only used one so far - like you say, they need to be kept for special occasions, and maybe not even then!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Anne said...

Ooooooooooh you naughty girl!!! I've already ordered the swirl but now I'll have to order the flower - that's cos your card is so beautiful. Hugs xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Ann this is totally gorgeous what a wonderful gift and that flower looks grand.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.