Wednesday, 2 June 2010

Football crazy...

Well, actually I'm not, but I do think football cards may sell well at our fund raising event so my new Papermania footballer stamp is being used quite a lot recently. 
I decided to go for making some tall DL cards as I always find them pretty quick and easy to do plus I happen to have loads of the clear card bags in this size so it will be nice to get some of them used up.  I used black ribbed card on top of the red base card and Cuttlebugged the bottom half using the Swiss Dots folder for extra texture.  All the images were coloured using Promarkers.  The fab football boots are part of the Papermania set.  Love them.  Both tags are die cut and the sentiment is a gold peel off coloured black using a peel off marker pen.  Black organza ribbon seperates the two halves and the tags are attached with a black brad rather than a bow seeing as it's 'man' card.

My card is also for the fab challenges at...
Hope everyone is having a fab day.
Huge Hugs
Whoops forgot to say - watch out for something really cool starting next Monday.  It's not another challenge blog, but something really cool that might interest some of us addicted to entering challenges!! 
Another whoopsie - thanks to a comment from one of the DT at Tuesday Taggers I've realised I should have put a link to Tanda Stamps, who are sponsoring Tuesday Taggers this week.  Love Tanda Stamps - bought loads a little while back - hmmmmmmm maybe it's time to search them out.  If you haven't seen/heard of Tanda they do some cool stamps do check them out.
Ann xxx

17 comments:

craftyb said...

fab job!! Very "striking" card...love your lil tags...thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

PatR said...

Nice card! Popular theme the football. Thanksfor joining TT this week.
x

Irene said...

Ann, Wow this is fantastic love, love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Zoechaos said...

Great card the texture on the black card looks really good. Thank you for joining in with us at TT this week, did you see we have a Tanda prize? Might be worth a little link.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I like the tags - especially the one with the shoes :)

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Beryl said...

A nother great footie caard Ann. I'm sure they'll go down a storm. Now - as for next Monday - if it's not another challenge but it's of interest to people addicted to challenges - what can it be. A cure???

jovialjudi said...

What a fun tall card! I love the image, all the texture, and the cute sentiment tag! Hugs, Judi

Chrissie said...

This is really cute Ann. I also have these stamps and I love this colour combo and plus they are Southampton's colours... maybe I'll feel moved to do something! Thanks for the inspiration!
Chrissie

Georgia said...

Great card1 Love the character! Thanks for playing at the Crafty Creations Challenge!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, perfect image for a mans card.
thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

Love this! So stylish and modern x

Michelle said...

A fantastic touchy feely entry for Tuesday Taggers this week. Thanks for joining us
x Michelle

Michelle said...

A fantastic touchy feely entry for Tuesday Taggers this week. Thanks for joining us
x Michelle

Chris (catt871) said...

This card is great!!! I love the image, and the colours are great!!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!
Chris & the DT

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Anne :-) The image is perfect with the world cup starting next week :-)

thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations in our Black , White and a splash of red challenge. Your creation is fab! Cheers Claire x

Jeanet van der Lee said...

Wow, great card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations this week!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.