Another beach scene card this time made for a forum Round Robin that I'm involved in. The card has been received so I can safely put a photo on here.
It is actually a scene that would have worked great with the acetate style of card in my post below, but this time I decided to do a flat version. The background was created using Crafty Ann's beach scene digi. I must admit I did remove Ann's chairs from the scene to make way for my stamped ones. Ann was fine about me doing this as she loves to see her digis used in different ways.
I think the two ladies are by Pink Cat Studios, but the stamp has been in my collection for so long I'm really not sure. Great stamp though and it seems to make an appearance each summer alongside the lovely smaller shell stamps that were also in the set.
The scene was built up in stages - printed on blue card first of all and then white so that the palm tree could be coloured using Promarkers and finally sandpaper cut out to create the beach. Time consuming, but great fun.
My card is for the challenges at...
- Sir Stampalot - Lazy Hazy Days of Summer
- Practical Scrappers - Stash older than one year (my stamp is way older than that)
Off for some retail therapy now. Have an amazing weekend everyone.
Ann xxx

11 comments:
I just love this Ann - that Claire is a lucky woman is all I can say! I wonder if the ladies will let me join thme? I'll bring me own glass with the umbrella in.........
Ann x
Fabulous card and lovely sentiment. Really love your sandpaper beach.
We could do with some sunshine being sent up here as I think it's rained every day at some point over the school holidays and some days it's been blimmin' baltic!
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Wow Wee I adore it, its so so much fun, and the colours are perfect.
thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot challenge.
hugs chris xx
Anne I love this scene, what a great idea to use sandpaper too. The stamped ladies in deckchairs look great and I wish I was there with them.
Janette
I love it, thats definitely me with the bigger bum lol. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky
Great card Ann. Just perfect for the time of year.
Hugs
Sandra x
Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
A wonderful card , thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca
This is a wonderful card - you have created a fab summer scene.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x
Oh this is so gorgeous Ann, fabulous scene.
luv
Debby
Oh yes Ann this is totally the life I wish I was one of those lucky ladies lol..brilliant use of Ann's digi image than you for sharing this with us Sir Stampalot.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Post a Comment