Friday, 24 September 2010

Bah! Humbug! Day ... seeing Stars...


Yeah it's Friday and that means a new challenge at Bah! Humbug! This week we want to see stars!  Think I had better rephrase that before tempting fate as none of the team want to see the kind of stars you get after a head bump, but we do want see them on Christmas projects.  I got quite carried away with this theme and made two cards.
My first card uses that adorable Woodware clear stamp set that I've been using on and off all week.  I just think this polar bear and baby looking up at the star is just so magical.  I can't believe it's took me so long to get round to using it.  Perhaps I buy too many stamps - eeeeeeeeek - no it can't possibly be that!
The misty tree paper is from a Christmas pack by Dovecraft and perhaps not so obvious in the photo is the frosty acetate that I've embossed with Swiss Dots to add texture and even more mistyness without hiding the trees too much.
Additional materials...
  • riboon and gems from stash
  • Marianne snowflake die
  • Blue/green card
  • 6.5" square card from Square card set by QVC 
Additional challenges...
Here comes card number 2 also with the theme of stars.  This time I used a new Marianne die bought special for the theme and to be truthful now I'm not so sure whether I like the die or not, but oh well love the fir branch that came in the same pack.


The sentiment is computer generated and I found it on the verses section on the Imag-e-nation site.  The designer paper was some in a magazine I bought at the NEC earlier this year.  
This card is for the following challenges...
Have a fantastic weekend everyone.  I'm going to my local craft shop's birthday party tomorrow so that should be good plus I have to pass Poundland on the way there.  Eek that always costs me a fortune!  Do pop over to Bah! Humbug! to check out Max and Irene's creations and Anne, our guest designer's work too.
Ann xxx

26 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Ann, Gorgeous cards! I am really behind on my one Christmas card a week plan so hope to play along this week as I seriously need to catch up.

Lisa x

Max said...

2 more awesome cards and both so totally different! What a star you are!
Your polar bear stamp is soooo adorable and I think it's simplicity is a beautiful contrast against the forest of trees. Not sure why you are hesitant about the dies in your 2nd card - they are fab and you have shown the detail brilliantly by using 2 different colours. Am off to check out the link for the verses - am a sucker for sentiments as you know LOL! - You may want to leave your purse at home tomorrow but we all know the chances of that are slim to NONE so make sure you 'fess all when you get home!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annie said...

Purse at home - are you mad Max - LOL!
Thanks for the great comments.
Ann xxx

sweetbloominscraps said...

Both Christmas cards are adorable. What a fun circle star punch...great saying too! Thanks for joining us at SSW!

Kathie said...

Hi Ann , these are really lovely and those Pola Bears are just so so cute, I love the colours you've used well done. Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW and good luck.

Kathie SSW

dragonflyjoy said...

Hi Ann,
Lovely polar bear card. It is so cute. Makes you realise how near Christmas is. Haven't made any C. cards yet but have managed to get the red and green 5" square cards just need a bucket of energy to go with them :-)
love
Joyce xx

mulberry station said...

Ann, I love the die the you used for the second card. It is really lovely. I really like the color combo you used for both of your cards. Very striking! Thanks for joining us!
Nancy SSW

heidy said...

Hi Ann,gorgeous card,great sentiment.
Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Heidy

Faye said...

What a wonderful cards, they're gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

Wendi said...

Hi Ann how lovely to see you on our blog and with such gorgeous cards I like the colours and the shaped mat
I hope we see you again
Wendi
xx

Linda Anderson said...

Two gorgeous cards Ann. Love the non-traditional Christmas colors too. Thanks so much for joining us at SSW!

Linda

Jackie Randolph said...

Fabulous cards Ann, I adore your bear image and it is absolutley beautiful with your papers.Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSW.

Ann Whitfield said...

I love both of these Ann but especially the first one - just gorgeous!
Ann x

Ginny said...

love the star border on this fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF

Anonymous said...

Another lovely card Ann! I Love this cute stamp! just perfect for our challenge, thanks for joining in with us at ABC Christmas challenge, Samantha :0)

Arlana 11426 said...

Such a sweet christmas card. Love your detail and the punch just make it. Arlana SSW!!!

starcyl said...

Hi Ann I love your polar bear stamp and your cards are great as usual.

Jenny x

Gem said...

fab creations! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

Genevieve said...

Hi Ann, two beautiful cards! I absolutely adore the focal point on your 2nd card, it looks fab! Thanks so much for joining us this week @ SSW :)

Genevieve.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful cards - the colors are stunning!!! Thanks so much for playing at SSW.

Deanne :)

Jeannie said...

Beautiful job on both! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sheri Gilson said...

Hi Ann!! WOW...what gorgeous cards!! We miss you and are so glad that you played along this week!!
Hugs~
Sheri

Unknown said...

Great project, and want to let you know we are having another gift certificate giveaway and a DT call soon at Papercraft Star! Would love to have you join us! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

JR Creations said...

Great card Ann! Thanks for playing at SSW this week.

Jenny T.

Jayne Hayward said...

Love your chosen dp and the polar bear image is lovely too.

Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge

Jayne xx

Helen said...

Gorgeous cards - love those sweet polar bears!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.