Saturday, 25 September 2010

Party at Which Craft in Doncaster...

Had a lovely couple of hours today helping Paula and her team celebrate at Which Craft in Doncaster.  She is celebrating being established for 10 years and to mark the event there were all kinds of 'make and take' activities, glasses of champagne and a tombola too.  I actually won some fabbie Christmas bauble buttons and of course I had to try the champagne.
The money raised by the 'make and takes' is going to be donated to local charities such as Bluebell Wood so it was all in a very good cause as well as a celebration.
I did the make and take with Sandy, who always seems to have some real cool gadget type cards to make.  She had chocolates too just incase our energy levels were running low.
As you can see I made a cool stand up/fold up card.  The penguins are from a clear set by Stampendous - I was tempted, but resisted as I already have some cute penguins.  I think the instructions for this type of card are probably on Split Coast Stampers somewhere.  It's a card style that would make great table setting place cards.  I can't wait to try out some more versions.
This photo shows the stand up mechanism slightly better.



Think my 'make and take' card fits the bill for the challenges at...
Got to go to work tomorrow till Monday so unfortunately more versions of this type of card will have to be put on hold.
Take care everyone.
Love and hugs 
Ann xxx

18 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely Ann and such cute Penquins too, thanks for joining us at DCD Christmas Club.
xx

pinky said...

This is so cute, just love the little penguins.
Pinky

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Ann :-) I love these penguins ,,, how could you resist !!! you're a strong woman :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Valerie said...

Great idea! I just love the penquins and the snowflakes.

starcyl said...

I love those penguins and as I don't have any penguin stamps I just may have to investigate! I have made this type of card before and you have reminded me about them so maybe I'll have another go. Sounds like you had good day, champagne, chocolates and craft, what more could one ask for.
Jenny x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

fab card, those penguins are soooo cute!!
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges this week, good luck!
hugs shell xx

Irene said...

Hello Ann

What a fun cute card, - it's fantastic. I love the penguins and the card shape. Drinking champagne ummmmmmmmmmmmm

irene
xxxx

dragonflyjoy said...

Lovely Fun card Ann. I saw some instructions on Crafters Companion I think for a similar card shape but this one looks a lot easier.

You sound as if you had a wonderful time at the Which Craft day. I bet you made the most of the champers as well (:-)

Congrats on your winnings.

love

Joyce xx

ladyjanet_56 said...

This is lovely I really love these cards although I have never tried to make one, those are really sweet little penguins. I really wanted to be there sat to see Paula & the girls, but at least you did really well (well done you). Good luck & thanks for joining us at OSCC, Janet

chrissy xx said...

Gorgeous. LOve the snowflake. Thank you for joining us at Die cut Dreams Christmas Club.
Chrissyxx

Janice said...

So cute - I love it. & I love the card shape - not seen that before. As for books, Tess is great, but I'm currently reading Harlan Coben - also very good. Jx

Lorraine A said...

ANNNNNNNN !!!!!!! check out the HM & Friends blog !!!!!!! WOOO HOOO !!!!!!! :-)

Heather said...

Awww so cute - love your colours and fabulous design.
Have you visited the House Mouse blog yet - you really should!!!
hugs Heather xx

Max said...

Such an adorable duo and a great idea to adapt as place cards - not something I would've thought of but definitely something I may 'steal' for Chrimbo' table.
Sounds like the celebration was a blast and no doubt it was the choccies that swung it when you debated which 'make and take' to join ... although the champers would've gone down well too LOL!
SQUEAL!
Congratu - bloomin' - lations on HM win - that's well worth squealing about!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

CarlaKH said...

How cute! I love the penguins! Thank you for joining us this week at RTB!

Lori said...

Awwww how cute, Thanks for joining us this week at Die Cut Dreams with this adorable card, hope to see you back again!

~*Joni said...

Oh Ann what a cute pair! I love these two flirty birds (heehee!) and your technique is perfect to show them off. Wonderful colors, perfect for our Bundle Up challenge this week. Your event sounds like it was a wonderful get together! Thank you so much for joining us at Raise The Bar this week!
~*Joni RTB DT

Francesca said...

What a wonderful creation, Thanks for joining us at OSCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.