Friday, 8 October 2010

Bah! Humbug! Day ... Cuties everywhere...

Wow this was a hard challenge.  I pulled out my new LOTV and then thought about my House Mouse stamps, but in the end I chose to use a clear stamp set called Critters by Penny Black.  When it comes to 'cute' Penny Black have been top of my list for many years and this set is one of my all time favourites.

Being part of the Bah! Humbug! team has meant that this year I have so many Christmas cards ready to post that it's just unbelievable.  It's also great because it will allow me to just play and make things for Christmas that I normally wouldn't have time to do.  This week I decided to make a wall hanging.  

The top part of the hanging is bauble shaped and was cut out on my Cricut machine using one of the Christmas cartridges.  The other sections were made using nestie die cuts attached to ribbon.
Each of the medallions features a different creature from the stamp set and each was coloured using Promarkers.

For a really neat finish I sandwiched the ribbon between the scalloped mirri board circle and a plain white scalloped circle.  I added glitter to each for more oomph and a couple of red gems to adorn the holly.
My project was made with the following extra challenges in mind...
Have a great weekend everyone and don't forget to pop over to Bah! Humbug! to see the stunning work by my team mates and our guest designer Jenny.

12 comments:

the crafty duck said...

Hi Ann, this is gorgeous, those mice and Hegdies are so cute!! PB stamps are fab! love Steph

Max said...

Okay clever clogs! I have to ask how on earth you find the time when you have work ... and your mum ... the house to run and your girls to think about? I reckon you've stolen Santa's wee elves and have them captive in your cellar helping you with your Xmas goodies LOL! If you have then please don't be selfish and let me share OR I'LL TELL LOL!
This wall hanging is absolutely adorable - all those cute characters are perfect for this project which will look fabulous and stand out amongst all your other decorations.


Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Kath Stewart said...

this is so sweet ann...love all those cute images...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC..hugs kath xxx

Pink Dandelion said...

Ooh Ann this is gorgeous, love everything about it. Debs xx
Congrats on winning the Winter Wonderland challenge.

Casper said...

Hiya Ann,Casper here!

Pleased to meet you.

Thank you soooo much for the lovely comment you left on my blog & I wii be keeping in touch.Definitely!

Your designs are great,very well thought out.

Have a Great weekend
Take Care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx

Sheri Gilson said...

Gorgeous project, Ann!!

Irene said...

Hello Ann

What a fantastic wall hanging - it's gorgeous. Fabulous stamped images and colouring.

irene
xxxx

Susie Little said...

Hi Ann, thank you for leadin the way, I had noticed that I had won. I haven't received any emails from them, have you?

I love your goreous wall hanging, these PB hedgies and mice are so cute!

Thank you again!
Susie xx

Annie said...

what a fabulous festive hanger and I love all the cute PB images!
hugs, annie x

Susan.... said...

That is such a gorgeous, festive project Ann ! Great idea..
Hugs
Susan x

Janice said...

This is so lovely... very festive. Jx

Unknown said...

Super cute project! Thanks for sharing :)

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.