A whole week has flown by in whirl of work, work and more work and now when I can finally relax I've been struck down by the 'plague'. Well okay it might only be a nasty sore throat and cold, but I'm not a happy bunny about it and that's for sure.
It's also my excuse for my super fast to make contribution to this week's challenge at Bah! Humbug! where the Humbuggers want everyone to dig out their vellum and get creative. I was going to make a card, but my project kept shrinking and finally became a bookmark to use during the festive season.I must admit I do like the effect you can achieve using peel offs on vellum and then cutting them out before mounting onto card. On my book mark I've got a double layer of the image where the dove and the poinsettas are. Thought this gave a nice effect as where there is only one layer you can see the gold mirri shining through, but where the image is double the vellum shows up pure white, which is perfect for the dove.
If I didn't feel so awful I would have liked to experiment with colouring the back of the vellum with Promarkers as I think that could work well. Another time maybe?
Meanwhile do pop over to Bah! Humbug! and take a look at the stunning card by our Guest Designer Jenny and the work of my teamies Irene and Max.
Ann xxx

9 comments:
Good morning Irene,
l think you have done a grand job using vellum for this weeks challenge.The bookmark is beautiful! and what a great way to combine peel off's with the vellum, looks very effective.
Hugs
Susan x
Oh wow Ann this is gorgeous, stunning. I love it. Hope you are soon feeling better. Debs xx
Small is beautiful Ann lol, I love your book mark. I'd never have believed it was peel offs! Thats one I'll have to try. I had to giggle about your project getting smaller and smaller :-)
Its taken me 3 attempts to see it as Mr Blogger isn't playing nicely today but well worth it in the end. Now where are all my peel offs...
Claire xx
Thats beautiful Ann I really will try and join in this week
Wendi x
Awww Ann xxx
I think you have done a wonderful job with this pretty bookmark, especially considering how horrid you feel suffering from that nasty cold and how tempting it must've been to just bury your head under the duvet instead. I too think that the vellum and peel offs are a fabulous combination and wish I'd thought of it LOL!
Hope you're feeling much better very soon (((XXX)))
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Hiya Anne,
How are you feeling? Poor you,hope you feel better soon!
Well it didn't affect your talent or fog your brain!
What a lovely book mark,so elegant!
Take Care
Big Hugs
Casper
xxx
Lovely bookmark Ann, hope you are better soon, love Steph
Hello Ann
You are certainly the Queen of Peeloffs. Ann this is so beautiful, elegant and gorgeous - I know of a good home for it ????
irene
xxxx
Don't touch it--it's perfect! :) What an elegant way to save your place. Simply beautiful!
Post a Comment