Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Happy Birthday Jenny...

This is a card I made after the fab work shop I did last Saturday.  Jenny was one of my friends on the course and so it seemed appropriate to try to create an 'Encaustic Art' card for her birthday.  I do hope she likes her card and that it has arrived safely.
The sea horse is a new stamp I bought on the course and was stamped on to acetate and then attached with brads on to the encaustic art seascape.  I like using this method to add a stamped image to a scene as it means that you can position the image really accurately and protect the wax from scratches at the same time.
The black gems were clear gems coloured with a black Promarker and the sentiment is a rub on by Letraset.  I really love their rub ons as they have never let me down.  If anyone knows of a supplier please let me know as I only have a few left and I can't find them on the Letraset website for some strange reason.
Have a great day everyone especially Jenny.
Ann xxx

9 comments:

Claire said...

WOW!!!! Ann you really have the knack for this. Good to see you've been doing some ironing lol
Gorgoeus card, I love the coral effect of the wax its perfect with that seahorse
Claire xx

Lisa said...

Hi Ann, Beautiful card! I love the colours and the gorgeous scene. I am sure Jenny will love it.

Lisa x

Leanne said...

Fantastic card!

This would be a fabulous entry into the Top Tip Tuesday Anything Goes challenge this week - we have 4 amazing prizes up for grabs!!

Hope to see you there!

Leanne xx

Janet said...

Thanks so much for showing your work from the encaustic class. The results are fantastic. I would have loved to have gone on the workshop but I live much too far away. It is incredible that you can produce such great work just using an iron and wax(?).
Thank you
Janet xx

Max said...

Ooooh 'Ecky Thump!
What a stunning card and I now see why you had to have a seahorse stamp ... a shell stamp just wouldn't have had the same impact ... no sirree.
Bet Jenny was absolutely delighted with her birthday card and I bet it has been admired by all who saw it.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Lovely card, Ann

starcyl said...

Ann my reaction when I opened my card was oh WOW! Thank you so much for taking so much time over this and it is going into work with me for Alison to have a look at. You do have the knack with this wax stuff unlike me but I did enjoy the day.
Hugs and stuff
Jenny xx

Beryl said...

I agree with Jenny - you've really got the knack with this waxy stuff. Fabulous scene.
Beryl xx

Beryl said...

I agree with Jenny and Claire - you've really got the knack with this waxy stuff. Fabulous scene.
Beryl xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.