Oh yesterday was just brilliant. I went with some forum friends to an Encaustic Art workshop at Elsecar Heritage Centre. It was run by a very talented artist called Brian Nelson and the course was one of the most fun day courses I've been on for some time.
As you can see in the photo as well as being creative we also had a good laugh and as an added bonus were treated to the most scrummy buffet too. Talk about being spoilt - we certainly were. If you are interested in exploring Encaustic Art do check out Brian's website Encaustic Art Plus and if you live in the South Yorkshire do let me tempt you to try out one of Brian's workshops. You won't regret it.
Here's some more of the work I did on the day. Please bear in mind that I'm still very much at beginner at this art form and there is some reflection on the photos too. They are much better in real life - honestly!
Of course there has to be at least one challenge involved so my Encaustic Art work is also for Rainbow Lady's Challenge - Around the World (framed card is Yorkshire Moors, black monochrome is Loch Ness and blue monochrome is -answers on a postcard please?!)
Hope everyone has had as good a weekend as I have. Even with the worst sore throat ever it's been brilliant.
Ann xxx




8 comments:
Ooh Ann - these are fabulous and it's lovely to see them mounted ready to be displayed. It's hard to believe you haven't been doing it for years.
Love your bookmark too. The peel off/vellum combo looks great.
Beryl xx
Lucky you - these pieces are wonderful! It looks so interesting and full of texture. Fab work.
Janet xx
WOW, No one would believe you are a beginner. These are stunning. I can see by the photos you had a fantastic day.
Thanks for sharing with us
Hugs
Christine xx
Gosh just on Beryls blog and saw these amazing works of art. I would love to have a go, love them so much. hugs chris xx
Wow I've seen these 'in the flesh' and they are totally gorgeous. It was an amazing workshop and i spent most of the afternoon trying to recreate Loch Ness lol
Claire xx
I certainly can't believe you have not been doing this for years Ann. Gorgeous each one and I think the blue one is a lovely highland loch too. Thanks for sharing Love Cynthia x
Oh Ann ... you have quite simply got to stop being so talented. Noone would ever know you were an encaustic art beginner - these pictures are absolutely stunning and remind me of the rugged Scottish hills! You did a promarker tutorial last February in York so i can't help wondering will it be encaustic art tutorial when you come to Bonny Scotland next year?
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Ann having seen these in the flesh I can vouch for the fact that these are really good, we had a great day and even had our own out takes, lol.
I hope if there is another day I will be able to get over to join in as it was exellent value for money.
Jenny x
Post a Comment