Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Hot Pink! ...

This just has to be for Laura.  It's the same colour scheme as her bedroom and I must admit I do love the combination of hot pink and black.  My designer paper was one of the freebies in a card magazine some time back and it led me into using this combination of colours on my card.  
The stamp is by LOTV of course and oh my, are there any uncute LOTV stamps cause if there are I haven't seen them?  The sentiment is from the same sheet of stamps and is a very useful one especially to use with this image.  All the colouring was done using Promarkers and as you can see I've embossed the border using a Cuttlebug snowflake folder.
I used the sketch from this week's challenge at Sketch Saturday.  I always love their sketches as they are very easy to work with.
When creating this card I also had the following challenges in mind...
Thanks for looking and the super kind comments everyone leaves me - they do mean a lot.  Have a great day everyone.  Hope it's not as wet, wild and windy where you are as it is here.  I seriously need to hibernate.
Ann xxx

10 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

It's lovely to see you again Ann - no need for apologies, I know only too well how life gets in the way.

This is a stunner and my guess is that Laura is likely to refuse to take it down again after Christmas and who could blame her??? Thank you for coming along to celebrate with us - oh, and before I forget, I only got the one comment so don't worry. Mr Blogger must have been in one of his 'toying with us' moods.
Ann x

Janet said...

Love your card. The colours and embossing go so well and the image is just gorgeous. Thank you very much for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's and wish you good luck in the draw.

Janet xx

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Wow a fabulous card, Laura will LOVE LOVe it.

Stunning and fabulous colours and a so sweet and adorable image, and fabby cuttling.

irene
xxxx

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card and colour combo Ann. Love your image and papers, the embossing is so striking.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Leonie said...

Beautiful card! Very cute stamp and I love these colors for a christmascard!

Thanks for making this great card with my sketch at Sketch Saturday!

Leonie xx

Anne said...

Hi Ann
Definitely not trad Christmas colours but a real beauty. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's. Hugs x

Shelley said...

Love the colour combo on this card and the image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

Beryl said...

Oh yes. I lovbe the colour scheme and the image is sooo cute. Laura will love it. Loving the snow globes too. Haven't seen one of those in a while.
Beryl xx

Max said...

Laura is a lucky girl to have such a talented mother - this card is absolutely perfect for her. Love the papers... wonderful embossing on the pink panel and OH YES! ... the LOTV image is adorably cute. All beautifully put together and no one could fail to love it.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Dragonlady said...

Hi Ann

I love this card, great colour combo. I love this image and your colouring is perfect.

Hugs Ali x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.