Friday, 12 November 2010

Bah! Humbug! Day... Rudolf and Reindeer...

Friday has come round again.  I just can't believe how fast the weeks seem to fly by and Christmas is looming every nearer.  Thank goodness I have been making cards each week for the Bah! Humbug! Challenge since the beginning of the year.  I still can't believe that this year there will no last minute rush to get things finished.  So smug I could almost smack myself!!
This week our theme is Reindeer either the famous red nosed variety or maybe an elegant deer such as mine.  When I first started to think about this challenge I was going to make some Reindeer Poop bags similar to the ones I did last year as I need to do some for the Christmas Fair at Laura's Nursing Home, but this year I'm adding raisins instead of marshmallows and I haven't really had chance to get them yet.

Oh okay confession time - I ate the raisins, but I am gonna buy some more - honest!
Anyway the less said about my chocolate addiction the better!  
On to more important things.  My reindeer contribution to this week's challenge was just such a quick and easy creation I felt like I had cheated big time.  
The gold metallic reindeer is a die cut from a Create and Craft set that I won in a recent competition.  The white embossed and glittered background was one of the cards from the same set.  I'm afraid I cut the 'pretty' part of the card off and used it as you would use designer paper matting and layering onto silver mirri card and then on to a base of gold swirl embossed card.  To finish the card off I added a gold sentiment peel off and three gold 'mock' brad peel offs in the top left corner.  
In the words of the famous meerkat 'Simples', but while it may not be one of my favourite cards I do quite like it and much as I love making cards you just can't spend a whole morning or day on every card.

In addition to Bah! Humbug! my card is also for the following challenges...
Have an amazing weekend everyone and do pop over to Bah! Humbug! to see the work of my team mates and our brilliant guest designer Pat.

18 comments:

Susan.... said...

Good morning Ann,
Thats a wonderful card ! love what you have done .
Those little RP bags are such a great idea too...don't forget to buy those raisin's hehe
Hugs
Susan X

Max said...

Oh Ann ... I absolutely love this card - the die cut reindeer is just fabulous in gold and the subtle swirly pattern around the edges is beautifully elegant. You shouldn't feel guilty for choosing to do something 'simples' -(I do it all the time LOL) - besides it seriously needs nothing added. TRUST ME!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Max said...

BTW ... I also bought choccy raisins to make 'poop bags' but never even got as far as stamping a topper LOL!
Maybe next week?

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card, Ann! So elegant! Thanks for joining the ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck! Hugs Delphine xx

Crafteezee said...

Both are gorgeous, and I would of ate the chocolate raisins too! Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Pat said...

Your card is simple but elegant Ann, so nice. Like the idea of the Reindeer Poop Bags too, they look good either with marshmallows or raisins!!! I could eat either.

Pat xx

Jayne Hayward said...

Love the gold on the card - really nice. The Reindeer bags are a really good idea and nicely created.

Thanks for joining in with us over on ABC Christmas Challenge

Jayne xx

Maria Matter said...

gorgeous card Ann! and your poop bag is adorable! hehe
hugs & blessings!

the crafty duck said...

Hi Ann this is gorgeous, really elegant, love Steph

Irene said...

Hello Ann

What a fabulous card , simple elegant and so gorgeous. I LOVE LOVE it.

irene
xxxx

Beryl said...

Well I like it - a lot. It's really elegant.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

A lovely card Ann, thanks for joining in with us on the winter wonderland challenge at ABC Christmas challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

Sandra said...

Hiya Ann,
Fab card and poop bag... heehee
Hugs
Sandra x

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card Ann :-) very stylish reindeer and the poop bag is fab :-) I bought a jar of sheep droppings from the Yorkshire Dales on my last trip home ,,, will they do ?? will mail you some ,,, lol :-)

luv your hat too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Claire said...

Oooh Ann its gorgeous! Really elegant. Nearly as elegant as you look in that amazing hat.
Where did you get that hat, where did you get that hat....
Oops now you've got me singing lol
Claire xx

Beverly G said...

Love the hat. I think you like metallic shiny as much as I do. Beautiful card.Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave for me.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

HI Ann - just popping over here to say how much I love your hat!! Whilst I'm here, I would also like to say how much I like your Reindeer card too!! There's nothing wrong with "quick and easy", especially if the result is as beautiful as this. Also, there is nothing wrong with "eating all the rasins" - they are good for you! (although I prefer chocolate myself)!!!! I can feel a visit to Betty's coming on!!!!
Hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Susan.... said...

Evening Ann,
Just popped back to thank you for your visit and kind comments...
Loving that hat,very festive ! Maybe that could be a very special , fab prize ?
Hugs
susan x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.